ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox 7 is out

<< < (6/14) > >>

capitalH:
Also, Acid3 is 100/100 points now.  ;D But seriously, who cares?
-Tuxman (September 28, 2011, 07:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Especially since web developers build web pages to work with browsers - not Acid3.
Which is why I still have to use IETab to display a whole bunch of webpages that just does not render correctly in anything but IE

cyberdiva:
Hmmm...late yesterday I was unable to update.  I was told that 6.0.2 was the most recent version.  This morning, I'm able to update, but FF claims that the Linkman Fox extension won't work.  Though I suppose I could download the add-on Carol mentioned earlier and try to deal with the issue that way, I'm puzzled that Linkman Fox (the add-on for FF) supposedly doesn't work.  And I'm somewhat bothered that FF is making add-on developers jump through hoops every few weeks.

Carol Haynes:
Generally it is nothing to do with extensions working or not working - the add-on has an XML file which stores the supported versions of FF. I have yet to find an addon I was using in FF3 that doesn't still work even though the versions numbers are out of date. Just install the addon I suggested above - try it and see if it works. If it doesn't you report that it doesn't and then it will be automatically disabled.

cyberdiva:
Generally it is nothing to do with extensions working or not working - the add-on has an XML file which stores the supported versions of FF. I have yet to find an addon I was using in FF3 that doesn't still work even though the versions numbers are out of date. Just install the addon I suggested above - try it and see if it works. If it doesn't you report that it doesn't and then it will be automatically disabled.
-Carol Haynes (September 29, 2011, 10:28 AM)
--- End quote ---
Carol, I first tried to download the add-on you recommended while I still had 6.0.2, but I got an error message that said "The add-on from addons.mozilla.org could not be installed because it does not match the add-on Firefox expected."  So I then installed FF 7 and tried again to download the add-on.  This time, the error message said "The add-on could not be installed because of a connection failure on addons.mozilla.org."  So I've got Firefox 7 with no Linkman add-on.  Fortunately, I set a restore point before I started, so if the problem doesn't resolve itself quickly, I think I'll use the restore point to go back to FF 6.0.2.

Tuxman:
@40hz: Yep - precisely. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version