ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox 7 is out

<< < (5/14) > >>

cyberdiva:
Thanks, Carol.  I think I'll give it a try later today.  Gotta run.

KynloStephen66515:
Well, to be fair I don't think a lot of user-visible changes have happened in the past couple of Chrome releases.

It's just that Chrome silently updates in the background without bothering you with it, whereas Firefox is still using the "OMG there is an update" dialogs and the "What's New" page showing nothing new after the update :-[.

And the automatic updating in the background is really great, especially when it comes to flash player. I am so sick of updating flash player manually for IE and FF.
-Jibz (September 28, 2011, 03:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Opera has nice little "Ohai, theres an update if you want it, but I wont bother you again if you don't" dialog that opens at the bottom right or the window when it spots theres a new version.  If you want it, it quietly does its thing, then asks you if you feel like restarting your browser and re-opening all your current tabs so its like it never happened.

Its kind of cute really, sorta like when your Grandmother asks you if your feeling OK, but doesn't want to push the issue, so asks you in her "Quiet Voice"

Tuxman:
I, as always, installed tefe009's SSE2 build. Restarting worked fast as hell on my 3 years old main machine. Seriously, they made a great job here.

Also, Acid3 is 100/100 points now.  ;D But seriously, who cares?

40hz:
I, as always, installed tefe009's SSE2 build.
-Tuxman (September 28, 2011, 07:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

@Tuxman -is that Tete Atelier's FF rebuild you're referring to?

Note: Just gave 7 a try. The  ReadItLater extension got broken. SHOWSTOPPER!  :down: Firing up Revo to uninstall it as we speak. :-\

nosh:
Read It Later v.2.1.3 works fine here. And FF7 does feel like more than a mere version bump, worth holding on to. v8 is going to break quite a few extensions though, if the beta I tested a while back is anything to go by.

There's also a Roboform update available now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version