ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

In search of ... someone using CAD software

(1/6) > >>

barney:
Folk,

I just got a request for CAD software referrals.  Last CAD I used was Generic CAD, ~twelve-fifteen years ago.  It's not free anymore  :(.

A Google search brought up more links than I wanna thimk about :o!

So, is anyone here using any of the current CAD offerings?  "Free would be best, but a low-end stipend would not be unreasonable." (Her terminology, not mine  :).)  Doesn't need to be an AutoCad clone, just something that will suffice for homemade furniture, room diagrams & the like.  She's pretty meticulous, has a better selection of woodworking tools than I'd even think of having - and knows how to use 'em well! - along with minimal metal working stuff.  ('Nother words, she's a better builder than I ever thought of being.)  However, she's tired of drawing stuff out on the kitchen table, and asked me for recommendations.  As mentioned, my last CAD endeavors were over a decade ago, and that software is now kinda pricey.

So, is anyone here using anything they could recommend for a 1st-class builder with medium computer skills?
(Vector would be best - some of what I saw was raster  :o>.)

4wd:
Going to have to change your name to Leonard I think  ;D

barney:
That'd prolly be humorous if I understood it  :huh: ;D.

rgdot:
Perhaps have a look at this and read the disclaimer at the end too ofcourse

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=14185424

4wd:
That'd prolly be humorous if I understood it  :huh: ;D.-barney (September 26, 2011, 10:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

In Search Of...w
IMDB

EDIT: Just dated myself  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version