ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

BitsduJour Malware bytes Deal

<< < (2/4) > >>

Steven Avery:
Hi,

I bought this, more to give them support and to have automatic scheduling .. although I may use their real-time stuff too (you can end up with too many real-timers).

The only companies that seem to really have the general (sometimes you need specialty) scan-and-fix thing working today is MB and SAS (SuperAntiSpyware). It is a tricky area, and at least a free version should be pre-installed if possible.  They have worked occasionally to fix the puters at work that go haywire and just give a very nice extra layer of protection.  (I think they make their $ living partly in the corporate world where a smart company will purchase a nice wide license.  And maybe avoid a lot of problems and reformats, in fact I may suggest it for my client, who ends up reformatting a PC out of 20 too frequently .. like once a month. Almost a habit.)  Their real-time I will guess (I am not up on Wilder's on this).. is a reasonable go, but I do not know if they are more heuristic or HIPS-oriented, and how strong. I prefer good HIPS programs, even Zemana has been pretty good on this level. And Online Armor firewall has reasonable stuff. WinPatrol in a limited way.  It is this type of stuff that I think has helped keep me safer the last few years, along with some browsing stuff. )

Thumbs up to Malwarebytes.  The company seems to be one of the real integrity companies. If you look at the comments you will see a number of people buying simply because they know how good the company is, want to give their support, and appreciate even just the scheduling extras of the Paid version (even if you do not use real-time).  Oh, you also have a lifetime license, so you are more visible to their support people.

I agree that the small price for the extras is a good way to show support.

Steven

rjbull:
Bits du Jour has a repeat of the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO Lifetime License deal again today, 2012-08-27, 12 hours left at the time of posting.

Carol Haynes:
+1 for Malwarebytes. Already use it on all my computers and recommend it to customers. Bought more licenses to support them.

Excellent product and the RTP is not obtrusive or CPU intensive.

Best cleaning tool I have found by far.

Stoic Joker:
+1 for Malwarebytes. Already use it on all my computers and recommend it to customers.

Best cleaning tool I have found by far.
-Carol Haynes (August 27, 2012, 01:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'll second that. But I never use the RTP, I leave that up to MSE.

Carol Haynes:
I'll second that. But I never use the RTP, I leave that up to MSE.
-Stoic Joker (August 27, 2012, 03:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

I run both - they don't conflict

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version