ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Good quality thesaurus program that integrates with Word 2007?

<< < (3/3)

xtabber:
I have tried Word Web. For me, the thesaurus isn't rich enough, and it doesn't integrate well with Word.

I so very much wish I could find that in software. When I'm writing or editing within Word I don't always want to turn to my hardcover thesaurus--it feels so much easier to turn to software on my laptop/desktop. But...to not have good choices doesn't help me.
-raindew01 (September 25, 2011, 07:10 AM)
--- End quote ---
I use WordWeb Pro (paid version) and find that it works well with Word 2003. I find it actually provides better functionality than Word's built in thesaurus. 

WordWeb also sells several commercial dictionaries as add-ins to WW Pro, including the Oxford North American Dictionary and The Shorter Oxford English Dictionary, which I use.  The only thesaurus add-in I saw on their site is Chambers ($19, or $39 combined with the Chambers dictionary).

HankFriedman:
I haven't been at all happy with The Sage or WordWeb myself. I'm a bit of a thesaurus aficionado. And the Roget's online seems very limited.

I always go to  http://thesaurus.com/ for a truly excellent online thesaurus, myself.

If anyone can find a really excellent software thesaurus, I'd certainly like to know (word compatibility or not).

Txomin:
+1 on TheSage. It is the best offline free dictionary/thesaurus nowadays.

WordWeb was the best once, a long, long time ago. Now even if you buy the pro version, it still has less content and functionality than TheSage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version