ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

PageSpy - A swiss army knife for web-developers

<< < (3/4) > >>

allen:
Excellent review -- I hadn't given pagespy the slightest glance, but now I'm playing with it like crazy.  It's very well assembled, I sort of wish it was standalone though, or at least portable to other browsers.  Oh well, can't it all right?  I was relieved to learn its color scheme wasn't the same one as in the review :)

Mouser: In my experience (granted, I haven't used Firefox much in the last year+), there were several different DOM/DHTML related extensions, but I've never seen anything that can hold a candle to pagespy--not even combinations of them.  It does a lot and does it well, it seems.

JoTo:
In addition to my review i tested the a.m. alternatives. Okay i tested only the IE Developer Toolbar as i said i have problems with .NET based programs. Also i don't like the manual way of DOMHelper for installing and de-installing. It is in beta, but for me a little bit too beta.

Going for IE DevToolbar. It is really a nice alternative to PageSpy with some advantages or functions PageSpy can't offer or can be done with IEDevToolbar quicker.

I like the thing, that IEDevToolbar works directly on the page in the browser window. You haven't to switch between different windows. Even if this can be an advantage if you want to have more than one info window for different aspects open. Then PageSpy will come more handy again.

I like really the quick outlining of objects, divs images a.s.o.,  showing its most important values right beside the outline frame, within IEDevToolbar. So you can analyze your Layout very quckly. This function PageSpy is really missing.

I like the ruler and the measure ability of IEDevToolbar. So you can easily measure which amount of pixels or whatsoever you have to correct your layout a.s.o.

And most of all, IEDevToolbar is FREE!

I now use both of them together, PageSpy and IEDevToolbar, which one comes handy for the actual case, as an addition of functionality making the best out for me.

So i think you give IEDevToolbar a try too. As it is free, you have to lose nothing but a small download and a few minutes of time.

Greetings
JoTo

Carol Haynes:
Great little tool. I have been using Paessler's Site Inspector 4 but I am going to swap over to PageSpy because it is neater (the IE menu is grossly overextended with PSI), is a sensible price and his update policy is less annoying.

Does anyone know if there is any prospect of adding support for other browsers (firefox in particular)?

JoTo:
@Carol: Write to the author Victor Sembelidis (mailto:[email protected]). For me he was very kind and responsive. Maybe he is planning something like that. Dunno!

Greetings
JoTo

sembel:
Hello DC-Community!

Thank you JoTo for the nice minireview  :Thmbsup:

The same program for another browser is not easy task for me. Maybe in the future, but I can not promise.

best regards,
Victor Sembelidis

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version