ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

PageSpy - A swiss army knife for web-developers

<< < (4/4)

Carol Haynes:
Thanks, and welcome sembel.

Obviously I don't know how you wrote the program but would it need much new code to produce an extension for Firefox? The data you are analyzing is identical after all?

sembel:
hi Carol,
I use external.menuArguments (IE feature) .
I'm not familiar with Mozilla's XUL and I need learn it first.

P.S.
If Mozilla gets 50% of the market, then I learn it anyway ;)

Carol Haynes:
Fair enough - thanks.

nontroppo:
Looks very nice, congrats to sembal (and JoTo for the review). Shame it is for IE only, and I imagine it would be very difficult to port over.

note most of the features are available in other browsers, but this integrates it all together in a clean way.

another essential for web developers is a request / HTTP header debugger. I long used proxomitron, which can regex and rewrite headers on the fly and log all HTTP requests. But a nicer UI is available with the name of Fiddler, an excellet HTTP debugger:

http://www.fiddlertool.com/fiddler/

the great thing is that this is cross-browser.

JoTo:
Hi nontroppo,

i was searching a long time for a free HTTP-Debugger. Found only commercial ones with much too high price that i am willing to pay for a util i only have to use for my hobby in a very special case.

Found one (dont remember the name anymore) that is free, but it crashes and stops my IE from working correctly, so i deinstalled it asap.

Haven't heard about fiddler. I'll give him a try, even it is a .NET based application, which i HATE.

Thanks for the link.

CU
JoTo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version