ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The False Positive and Improperly Rated Site Epidemic

<< < (15/16) > >>

mouser:
In our first week of operation (actually merely days), we had 3 real-time false-positive reports. *2 OF THOSE 3 WERE FIXED _AT_ OUT FORUMS* (one by Trend Micro, the other by Symantec). We are very proud of the security companies who have stepped up to the plate to mitigate collateral damage wherever they can. Many or most major security companies are monitoring the forum.
--- End quote ---

That really is a huge achievement and fantastic news.  :up:

Stoic Joker:
Outstanding news! :)

tomos:

I presume this report of IE suggesting deletion of FARR (as it is "not commonly downloaded" lol) would fit in the forum?

FARR not a commonly downloaded program?

db90h:
I presume this report of IE suggesting deletion of FARR (as it is "not commonly downloaded" lol) would fit in the forum?

-tomos (October 15, 2011, 02:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

No, because it is your fault for not having a digital cert... which costs YEARLY 1/4 of your reported MONTHLY operational costs. It is not 1996 anymore, the reality is every developer should have a cert. Sorry to be so harsh, just telling it like it is.

This is just a cost of doing business. To represent unsigned software as potentially more risky is ok because it is true.

wraith808:

-tomos (October 15, 2011, 02:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

No, because it is your fault for not having a digital cert... which costs YEARLY 1/4 of your reported MONTHLY operational costs. It is not 1996 anymore, the reality is every developer should have a cert. Sorry to be so harsh, just telling it like it is.
-db90h (October 15, 2011, 07:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

For free software?  Really?  And it's the person's fault?  I'd think that for software that doesn't make money, there would be an option that's doesn't incur a yearly cost.  And that's how it is IMO.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version