ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The False Positive and Improperly Rated Site Epidemic

<< < (2/16) > >>

Renegade:
Yeah... It can take MAJOR effort to get a false positive removed. I've done it before, but I also know other people that have major fights with the AV vendors trying to get their software delisted.

It's not just the damage, but the additional damage of also having to take out all that time and effort from real productivity and funnel it into what shouldn't be an issue in the first place.

FWIW - MS is pretty good, but they do have some false positives as well... Even with their own partners... :( But that's typical MS - the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

db90h:
I did not make it clear.. if you want your comments to be seen by people who MATTER, then please post them at the thread I linked above. They will be waking soon, and visiting that thread. If it is just me, I look like a crazy person. If there is some user support, they realize users are fed up.

I have a real fear now that users, in general, don't care (not you guys, but others.. the average user).

tomos:
I did not make it clear.. if you want your comments to be seen by people who MATTER, then please post them at the thread I linked above. They will be waking soon, and visiting that thread. If it is just me, I look like a crazy person. If there is some user support, they realize users are fed up.

I have a real fear now that users, in general, don't care (not you guys, but others.. the average user).
-db90h (September 23, 2011, 06:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not fully clear - you want false positives posted there.
Do you want "dissatisfaction with the way thing are in general" posted there as well?

db90h:
Sorry for the confusion ... Just in the Sticky Topic, to get the ball rolling... I just want them to understand that USERS CARE ... that helps to then get the ball rolling on the whole project. If they realize their CUSTOMERS care, then they care 10x more. Sorry

EDIT: A big part of this is USER TRANSPARENCY, so users know what is happening to small businesses, and which security vendors are causing the most harm (like donationcoder, though it isn't a traditional business, it is still a form of business).

I would not be surprised to suddenly find my web site rated RED/DANGEROUS and all my software false positive'd on .. as paranoid as that sounds. To challenge some of the corporations is, risky...

db90h:
What I meant was... if you have anything to say, now is your chance. Rarely do users get a chance to have their comments read by anyone who matters at these giant corps (sadly). I guess that was clear though. Oh well. I just get enthused, and hope for change. Apathy will kill us all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version