ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

notetaker that uses the filesystem and has powerful search?

<< < (2/3) > >>

rgdot:
Thanks urlwolf, wasn't sure what that meant but yes definitely a big positive

urlwolf:
Well, I spoke too soon.
Scrivener for windows is a great piece of software, but not suited for collaborative notetaking. Basically, the rtf files it saves do not have descriptive file names, just numbers. It makes no sense to look at the filesystem to see what has changes. In the forums, people make it clear that collaboration is out of the picture.

In fact, I don't know of a single notetaker that can do this, other than onenote + sharepoint (out of the question, people using macs are potential collaborators).

Does anyone know of a good solution for collaborative notetaking?
I'd be happy with:

* An indexer that can produce live searches, highlighting the matches inside the text in rtf files.
* An small rtf editor
* the filesystem itself as a db
But I don't know of any good solutions for te first two items, on windows.

Paul Keith:
urlwolf have you checked these software underneath the Wikipedia article?

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Collaborative_real-time_editor#List_of_current_editors

These have all the ones I know although my initial interpretation of filesystem turned out different from yours.

wraith808:
Well, I spoke too soon.
Scrivener for windows is a great piece of software, but not suited for collaborative notetaking. Basically, the rtf files it saves do not have descriptive file names, just numbers. It makes no sense to look at the filesystem to see what has changes. In the forums, people make it clear that collaboration is out of the picture.

In fact, I don't know of a single notetaker that can do this, other than onenote + sharepoint (out of the question, people using macs are potential collaborators).

Does anyone know of a good solution for collaborative notetaking?
I'd be happy with:

* An indexer that can produce live searches, highlighting the matches inside the text in rtf files.
* An small rtf editor
* the filesystem itself as a db
But I don't know of any good solutions for te first two items, on windows.
-urlwolf (September 24, 2011, 02:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Do you know of any solutions on any platforms?

johnk:
Would ResophNotes be suitable? Syncs with SimpleNote, plain text, supports Markdown for HTML formatting. Highlights hits as you type. Option to store .txt files

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version