ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Couldn't be more disappointed in Windows 8 :(

<< < (10/11) > >>

zridling:
I have used my CR-48 Chromebook as my only computer for many months now.  I don't miss my PC one bit.  My next device will be a Tablet because I can do 95% of everything that matters to me.... <> Most of what I do is consumption.  When I feel like creating a blog post, I can always dock it to a keyboard.-Proximo (September 26, 2011, 11:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm just about there, Proximo. I want either a Chromebook or tablet next year (probably a Sept. '12) simply because my current machine is old and most of what I do is content consumption, not creation. I'll keep this one for that. Frankly, I'd like to have a tablet I could take to breakfast, since there's almost no newspapers sold in print form in my town anymore. And on the lazy side, it'd be nice to have one when watching something on TV, for either stats, reviews, or to see their YouTube vids. I wouldn't do Windows, but it's great that Win8 is fully ready for the mobile/tablet side.

tsaint:
The Palm writing recognition was brilliant. It was extremely fast. Much faster than typing on a virtual keyboard. I WISH that some of the mobile OS vendors would bring it back.
-Renegade (September 26, 2011, 07:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just get graffiti from the market place and install it on your desire HD

Oops...sorry, should have read thread to the end before posting.

I will add though, that at least some diacriticals are possible with graffiti, just don't ask me how. Ive entered some, by accident, but can't remember exactly what I did to cause them to happen.

Renegade:
The Palm writing recognition was brilliant. It was extremely fast. Much faster than typing on a virtual keyboard. I WISH that some of the mobile OS vendors would bring it back.
-Renegade (September 26, 2011, 07:53 AM)
--- End quote ---
It's called Graffiti and is available on Androids. I love Graffiti, but Swype is much faster.
-steveorg (September 26, 2011, 11:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just downloaded it. I'll also see if I can download that Swype clone (unless Swype is now available) and see which I can manage easier. I rather doubt that I'll be able to use Swype though. My thumbs cover half or a third of the keyboard as it is, so I can't see what I'm trying to hit.

steveorg:
Just downloaded it. I'll also see if I can download that Swype clone (unless Swype is now available) and see which I can manage easier. I rather doubt that I'll be able to use Swype though. My thumbs cover half or a third of the keyboard as it is, so I can't see what I'm trying to hit.
-Renegade (September 26, 2011, 08:01 PM)
--- End quote ---
Use one forefinger with Swype. No thumbs allowed!  8)

Steve

Renegade:
-Renegade (September 26, 2011, 08:01 PM)
--- End quote ---
Use one forefinger with Swype. No thumbs allowed!  8)

Steve
-steveorg (October 03, 2011, 10:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's the thing... I want to do it with 1 hand... Can't hold it and use a forefinger with 1 hand... :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version