ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Screenshot Captor Bug: Large frame around active window captures with background

(1/4) > >>

appyface:
Running 2.99.02 on Win7 Pro SP1 x64.  

When I screenshot "active window" I now also get a large frame (border) of the background all around the active window.  Did not have this in previous version, only the active window was captured as I expected.  

How to fix?

J-Mac:
Running 2.99.02 on Win7 Pro SP1 x64. 

When I screenshot "active window" I now also get a large frame (border) of the background all around the active window.  Did not have this in previous version, only the active window was captured as I expected. 

How to fix?

-appyface (September 14, 2011, 10:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi Appyface!

Try this: Go to Edit>Preferences and look at the following three sections:  Window Capturing 1, Window Capturing 2, and Red Box Capture Mode. These have options related to Aero and some apply borders around the capture. You might have to experiment a little to find the method that suits you.

Jim

appyface:
I did look there before posting... but the settings are the same now as they were in the previous version.  I tried changing a few things anyway but no luck.  Ideas?

EDIT: Clearing the value in Window Capturing 1 for "margin to capture around the window to catch shadow effects (default 20)" has taken care of it.  Thanks!

mouser:
J-Mac is pointing you to the right place: "Window Capturing 1" and "Window Capturing 2"..

If you are running default settings and seeing this -- then it means i should probably fix the default settings -- so let me know what works for you to solve the problem.

Can you post a sample screenshot showing the problem?

ps. i'm going to split this subject off the main announcement thread.

J-Mac:
mouser, appyface:

I remember I changed my settings to eliminate the Aero effects surrounding whatever image I captured; not a problem with it - I just didn't really need to capture that. The instructions aren't very clear as to what specific settings will result in what effect; at least not to my limited knowledge of these effects. So I just systematically selected and deselected the settings in Window Capture 1 and 2 plus the Red Box Capture Mode until my captures looked "clean" IMO. Unfortunately I can't say which specific combination of settings showed which effects! I do know that all of the updates since then don’t seem to have altered the look of my captures.   :)

Thanks!

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version