ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA ~ Show List of Shortcuts overlaid on Desktop

<< < (5/10) > >>

bob99:
@mouser:  Is there a way this could be done with Launchbar Commander?  Not perform the hotkey action but provide the list.
ie create a bar with a node for each program and a dropdown sibling with the hotkey list. It's not an overlay per se but if docked to the top of the screen, somewhat similar. Or even use a hotkey to display it  :tellme:

mouser:
bob99,

Yes -- this is exactly one of the things i am considering.
Actually i've been planning to add this as a standalone feature of LaunchBarCommander for a while now, and that will happen.

The outstanding question is how can i best support a large user repository of application-specific help data in the best way.

skwire:
Here's a short, proof-of-concept, screencast of what I had in mind.  It uses a system-wide hook that allows you to match window classes, title, etc and changes a small text window accordingly.  Obviously, the GUI is very basic but, again, this is just a proof-of-concept.

Screencast

tomos:
Here's a short, proof-of-concept, screencast of what I had in mind.  It uses a system-wide hook that allows you to match window classes, title, etc and changes a small text wint window accordingly.  Obviously, the GUI is very basic but, again, this is just a proof-of-concept.

Screencast
-skwire (September 16, 2011, 01:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

looking good Skwire :up:
I see it's scrollable

mouser:
What's the procedure for scaring away skwire from a coding request one wants to work on?  Does garlic work on him? kryptonite?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version