ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Contest - Make a new Banner for Website

<< < (43/44) > >>

mouser:
Well after several months.. this contest has finally ended with a glorious winning banner - the one you see at the top of the site now.

It should come as no surprise that Nudone, who created our mascot Cody, came up with the winning design.  We had some lovely entries, and i think the interaction of testing and iterating through versions helped inspire the winning design as well.  Thank you to everyone who submitted something.

Congratulations again to nudone.   :Thmbsup:

jdd:
Nudone, Job well done

mouser:
let me add something:
i am in love with the new banner.

i can't quite say why, but i think it somehow captures the playful spirit of the site..
and perhaps it captures a bit of the fact that this site is a bit convoluted and it's features are not easily explained in one word.. but somehow when you look at it you kind of know it's going to be fun to discover the details.  at least that's what i see.

and i love the 2d-3d combo look, that kind of feels like an old fashioned Diorama.

here's the winning banner to save you time from visiting the main page:

mouser:
i wonder if this is a good time to remind people of what the original banners looked like...

i just have to warn you, don't stare too long or you might start to feel ill:

and forum:

nudone:
i wonder if this is a good time to remind people of what the original banners looked like...

i just have to warn you, don't stare too long or you might start to feel ill:
--- End quote ---

;D

maybe we could use that on the anniversary of donationcoder.com's birth - with Cody on it somewhere, of course.

i'd just like to say i feel privileged (as always) to be involved with DC and to be the final winner. thanks to everyone that made suggestions and helped develop the look of the final banner - i certainly enjoy this iterative method of design as it appears to give a rewarding result.

and, one final word.

i can't keep it a secret any longer: mr.globe never went away - he just chose to hide himself.

here's what the full banner design REALLY looks like...

click to see the secret

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version