ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Contest - Make a new Banner for Website

<< < (32/44) > >>

jgpaiva:
I think topbanner_website_world_02.png looks very good!  :Thmbsup:
This is fantastic, the banner itself has a great description of the site!
Though, now that i look better, i also like topbanner_website_keys_02.png :D
Fantastic!

nudone:
a slight variation and symbols slightly adjusted.

jgpaiva:
 ;D I could only notice the difference when opening in 2 new windows and fast-switching between them ;)
For me, there's a small issue. Although almost all submissions have this, I think it's a bit strange to have the 3d effect on the cuttout and not on the borders, it looks a bit awkward for the banner to suddenly end on the other borders. I hope I can express myself correctly, does anyone see what i mean?

[edit]Oh, i didn't say, i do like the new version more than the older one ;) [/edit]

Carol Haynes:
I see what you mean - I also think the 3D lower edge should continue from edge to edge. The left edge needs a shadow (as the light is coming from top right) but the right edge needs to be seen hi-lighted in 3D (and possibly the top edge too) to give the object enough thickness to actually cast a shadow.

nudone:
i'll do the edits - most of what i've done so far has just been influened from what banners have gone before so 3D accuracy hasn't really been taken into much consideration.

the light source is coming from the top left for all effects by the way - even if it doesn't look like that for the cut out.

but i have to say now that i look at it the cut out shadow doesn't even look like a shadow - it looks like a weird grey edge.

i shall try a more obvious 3D banner later.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version