ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Contest - Make a new Banner for Website

<< < (16/44) > >>

nudone:
how about using alan's image text changer thing to change the slogan?

momonan:
Back to the word "connoisseur:  For my money, ;) the word is absolutely perfect, and I hope we can stick with it.  It's French and easily found in any dictionary, with the Italian equivalent cognoscenti.

When I read the definition from the Oxford English Dictionary, it seems to perfectly fit persons who are drawn to donationcoder.com:  "a person who knows a lot about and enjoys one of the arts, or food, drink, etc. and can judge quality and skill in that subject."

If it seems to be a problem, how about a link to the definition -- and a cute pronunciation guide.  See

http://www.bartleby.com/61/wavs/69/C0576900.wav

brotherS:
slave - i think your latest, while beautiful, puts a bit too much emphasis on the mighty dollar sign for my comfort.
-mouser (April 10, 2006, 03:42 AM)
--- End quote ---
I second that :)

nudone:
i agree too.

jgpaiva:
Back to the word "connoisseur:  For my money, ;) the word is absolutely perfect, and I hope we can stick with it.  It's French and easily found in any dictionary, with the Italian equivalent cognoscenti.

When I read the definition from the Oxford English Dictionary, it seems to perfectly fit persons who are drawn to donationcoder.com:  "a person who knows a lot about and enjoys one of the arts, or food, drink, etc. and can judge quality and skill in that subject."
-momonan (April 10, 2006, 07:39 AM)
--- End quote ---
True. Connoisseur while being a hard word to spell, is a good description. What i don't like is the "for". Because that would seem to limit the users to "software Connoisseurs".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version