ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

A unified solution for note taking and task management

<< < (8/11) > >>

40hz:
@wolfknight82 - Welcome to DonationCoder! :)

Thx for sharing that find. I'm particularly interested in  that there's a Linux version and they have a server implementation as well. That would be the icing on the cake since this sort of app begs to be used for collaboration.
 :Thmbsup:

Paul Keith:
Considering that Linux is lacking a powerful feed reader and this installed without a hitch, Remus is shaping up to be one of the most powerful replacement out there.

This looks like it has the potential to compete with RedNotebook, Thunderbird and a Linux RSS reader at the same time.

Thanks for sharing.

40hz:
@PaulKeith - I was just wondering...on your travels...have you ever found a feedreader that worked exactly the way you thought one should? Because I certainly haven't. ;D

Paul Keith:
Depends on what it means by "should".

For example a lot of people in the review section missed the point of this but technically if feedreader should work as "scrape your history" rather than "manually add/keep an opml" file then it would work exactly as someone thought it would:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/djaoeafihpfaakkpdobmhedohgnmhpbp

Course with Remus everything is topsy turvy. Not just the feedreader if that's what you mean.

40hz:
Depends on what it means by "should".
-Paul Keith (July 14, 2012, 09:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

In my case it means not cluttering it up with six dozen feature I personally don't want.

My wish list is:

* Standalone
* A bulletproof "find feed on page" feature
* Some sort of local "save complete page" or similar "scrapbook" feature
* A save button to either Pocket (ReadItLater) or Instapaper. Ideally both.
* One click "send link to email address" feature.
* Doesn't noticeably slow down or become unstable with a large (200+ and growing) collection of feeds
* Doesn't automate anything unless specifically directed to.
* Either has a decent built-in browser, or integrates seamlessly with one of the biggies should I want full HTML.
That's it AFAIC. So far, the Sage extension and FF (with additional extensions) is the closest I've come to it. Far from ideal. But that's life. And the one thing that keeps me from removing the current edition of FF from my machine. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version