topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 3:44 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Google Desktop 3 - FARRified  (Read 3840 times)

nontroppo

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • spinning top
    • View Profile
    • nontroppo.org
    • Donate to Member
Google Desktop 3 - FARRified
« on: March 17, 2006, 09:18 AM »
Hi all,

Don't know whether anyone has tried it, but Google Desktop Search now has a popup search field (hit CTRL twice). If you enter application names they are indexed so come up and thus it can be used as an application launcher.

gds.png

It doesn't do any smart stuff (e.g. being adaptive and using heuristics like FARR), but it does seem to weight start menu entries.

mouser - could we get the CTRL+CTRL key sequence as an option in FARR, it is quite a good and accesible key sequence (good for left+right handers and doesn't require chording two keys together..._
FARR Wishes: Performance TweaksTask ControlAdaptive History
[url=http://opera.com/]

m_s

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Google Desktop 3 - FARRified
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 03:11 PM »
I've had trouble getting this to work since installing GDS3, but finally worked out this morning that the hotkey was being stolen by HotKeys.  So I've (for the moment at least) switched of HotKeys in order to play with the Quick Search Box.  I don't find it's nearly as good as FARR for program-launching, but I love being able to search for text from anywhere at all.