ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Thoughts in remembrance of 911

<< < (9/14) > >>

wraith808:
To me the most important thing is that those who died on 9/11 are honored and remembered in positive ways.
-JavaJones (September 14, 2011, 02:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

Agreed, with emphasis put on the positive by me above.  There are two types of tributes in my opinion/experience- constructive remembrances and the equivalent of pyres.  I hope that we're to the point where we can be constructive in our remembrances.

JavaJones:
Agreed wraith, that was the subtext in my statement and that simple word in particular.

- Oshyan

IainB:
Again, in memory of 911, I just saw this excellent summary of the post-911 retribution and achievements in changing world order, by the US, over the last decade: Afterburner with Bill Whittle: What We Did Right

This video clip kind of says it all about the crimes of 911 by those devout Muslim terrorists of Al-Queda's, and the punishment meted out to Al-Queda and others of a like ideology - but at the further cost of thousands of American soldiers' lives.
I guess what the video does not address is the "residual issue" of the 1,400-year old religio-political ideology of Islam which, in the terrorists' own minds would have justified their wholesale murder of all those innocent infidels, and on which the hegemonic objective idea of an Islamic world Caliphate (mentioned in the video clip) is founded.

In his blog , Robert A. Hall (who is a former Massachusetts state senator and U.S. Marine Corps veteran) makes the point in the post I'm Tired:
I’m tired of being told that Islam is a “Religion of Peace,” when every day I can read dozens of stories of Muslim men killing their sisters, wives and daughters for their family “honor;” of Muslims rioting over some slight offense; of Muslims murdering Christian and Jews because they aren’t “believers;” of Muslims burning schools for girls; of Muslims stoning teenage rape victims to death for “adultery;” of Muslims mutilating the genitals of little girls; all in the name of Allah, because the Qur’an and Shari’a law tells them to.

--- End quote ---

Incidentally, and on a separate and lighter note about ideology, I noticed that his blog has a link to an amusing Hitler spoof of "Attackwatch": Hitler Discovers ATTACKWATCH is a Joke!

cmpm:
@ IainB

Thanks for responding to and acknowledging that trailer.

I have more on the subjects, but holding back cause this is not the site for it.
There is a great ignorance of the human soul, which is masculine and feminine in each of us.
The masculine will always be dominate, but it has to, for sanity's sake allow the feminine to be heard and active.
I'm not talking about sexual choices, but the real forces within each soul.

Understanding/knowledge (masculine) and wisdom (feminine) must meet within to have peace.
Here is a misunderstood symbol of a soul, and all souls.
The serpents are masculine and feminine with the rest symbolic of spirit.
You might recognize it as the symbol of the medical profession, healing.

app103:
You might recognize it as the symbol of the medical profession, healing.
-cmpm (September 17, 2011, 05:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's the Caduceus of Mercury, frequently mistaken as the symbol of medicine. It actually represents merchants, gamblers, and thieves and is the symbol of commerce and negotiation. Any doctor that displays this symbol is either in it solely for the money or doesn't know the symbols of his own profession.

The Rod of Asclepius is the symbol of the medical profession, a single snake wrapped around a staff, with no wings, as depicted in the flag of the World Health Organization:

The EMS Star of Life:

And the American Medical Association (old & new logo):

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version