ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best E-mail Client

[The Bat!] How to change displayed email address?

(1/2) > >>

superboyac:
For my main email, I use a forwarding service address, which is the email address I give to people.  And the underlying actual email address I like to keep hidden as much as possible.  So in my reply-to field, I have the forwarding address shown.  How do I have my forwarding address shown in my "From" field in emails I send out?  I looked at the emails I'm sending, and it's putting my actual address there instead of the forwarding address.

allen:
I'm assuming you've already figured this out, but if not--
Account -> Properties -> General -- change the "From" address, as opposed to the reply-to address.  You can also specifiy unique from/reply/etc. on a per folder, per address-book entry, etc. basis.

lanux128:
sorry off-topic, but can this be done with Courier email as well?

allen:
I can assure you the from address can be changed, it's probably under your account's settings or else, perhaps if there's a 'profile' section there -- I've never used it.  As for different from addresses for different folders/recipients, I doubt it -- but anything is possible.

Rover:
OK Bat lovers, what am I missing if Thunderbird works for me?  I'm OK w/ the bird, but it has a few nits.

Does the Bat have junk mail filters?  Can it check all my 5 email accounts with one click?

Do we still have a DC Discount for it?

Thanks for letting me be lazy :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version