ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Must-have apps in the System tray?

<< < (36/41) > >>

lanux128:
hmm.. looks like websites without the www prefix doesn't do well on your pc.. :) reminds me of this thread here..

Curt:
reminds me of this thread here.. -lanux128 (June 01, 2007, 02:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

The link's conclusion in short is tobypass the mobo ethernet port. I ripped my linksys ethernet card out of another computer...plugged through that one, and SUCCESS!

I wiped the old drivers (and firewall) and instead of installing them through the disc, I let windows find the driver itself, so no extra software was added. This seems like such an easy answer, but to not access ONE site because of drivers just didn't make any sense.

--- End quote ---

lanux128:
yeah, that was probably by default rather than the de facto solution.. what it tells us is that these kind of problems do exist but their solution is a terribly hit-or-miss affair..

Curt:
Herzlich willkommen, Thomas!

3. Webshots (screensaver prog ... [ Invalid Attachment ]

-TomD101 (April 24, 2007, 04:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Did you change the Webshots icon - because at my PC Webshots is looking like this:

:tellme:
-Curt (April 24, 2007, 04:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have just updated Webshots from version 2.5 to Desktop 3.0 and it has an all new icon:

I would like to add that even though Webshots is marketing 3.0 as a completely new and rewritten program, the only TWO things that have changed, are that it is 'Vistable' and has a new icon. Nothing else has changed. NOTHING AT ALL!!

I never really liked CNET...

---

Back to the main subject; my programs in the systray:

and click for the PS Tray Factory popup:

Must-have apps in the System tray?

Darwin:
"Vistable" - I like it. Is that a Curt original? If it is, you should be proud - good one! I like it because it rhymes with "derisible"  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version