ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Must-have apps in the System tray?

<< < (34/41) > >>

Grorgy:
 ;D ahh the old 'if i cant see it its not there theory'. lol works for me

cthorpe:
Next: Inside Process Explorer I have disabled the graph-windows (I am surprised by the way cthorpe have chosen to do this; one may want to just right-click and click Select Columns), so Process Explorer is not using more than 1½% CPU with the window open, and of course a lot less when minimized to tray icon.
-Curt (May 14, 2007, 11:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

The reason I just move the column off the screen rather than turning it off is so I can scroll over to see it if I want to check the history of a process.

Curt:
... to see it if I want to check the history of a process. -cthorpe (May 14, 2007, 12:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

- makes good sense.

..'if i cant see it its not there ..-Grorgy (May 14, 2007, 12:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

yeah; it sounded that way, I can see now.   :-[

I'm not sure about the effects of grading a program as a 'system process'. I was just thinking that when I am using Process Explorer as my Task Manager then it actually is a system process, and deserves being treated as such. The consequence can't be higher CPU usage!

lanux128:
from tinyapps.org - pre-Microsoft Sysinternals tools can be found here.. to quote the website, pre-p0wnage Sysinternals apps..

tomos:
from tinyapps.org - pre-Microsoft Sysinternals tools can be found here.. to quote the website, pre-p0wnage Sysinternals apps..
-lanux128 (May 31, 2007, 08:12 AM)
--- End quote ---
btw, that link doesnt seem to be working Lanux

what was it for -
I mean is there an advantage to Pre-MS versions or are some no longer available?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version