ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Must-have apps in the System tray?

<< < (21/41) > >>

Curt:
....clicking on trimall or trimws doesn't make anything happen. -dantheman (April 22, 2007, 10:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

The work of trimall is not visible, but on my XP the use of RAM is immediate lowered with 10-20%, and in a second trimall will close again, when the job is done. There is nothing to actually see. Please check how much free RAM you have, right before and after clicking trimall, and tell us the result.

Curt:
Screenshots of trimall effect:

Right before (73.2%):

Right after (60.2%):

The effect may grow if you have very little RAM free. Normally I wouldn't try to free any RAM when there is 26.8% free, but in this case I did it for the picture.

f0dder:
I guess I should have added a MessageBox that says "done trimming" :)

Curt:
Back to the subject, at least for a short comment:

Some have implied that I have a lot of programs running in the 'TNA' (: system tray), but if I close EVEREST it really isn't that many, I think:

Must-have apps in the System tray?

- and, I may add, not one of these are heavy on RAM or CPU  usage :up:

lanux128:
I've downloaded it, unzipped it into it's own folded but clicking on trimall or trimws doesn't make anything happen.-dantheman (April 22, 2007, 10:25 AM)
--- End quote ---
you can run the program i mentioned here and then run trimall.

btw, good work f0dder! :Thmbsup: your neat CLI tool has trimmed about 12-20% of my system RAM.. just cool.. 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version