ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Must-have apps in the System tray?

<< < (11/41) > >>

Curt:
PS Tray Factory, M8 Free Clipboard, FastStone Capture and Sysinternals Process Explorer
- is all that I 'must-have' visible, except for the Windows Desktop Search 3.01 -bar:

PS Tray Factory will hide the rest until they are needed: "Hide icon when inactive" (= show icon when active). The sudden movement when the bar 'grows' from 4 to 5 icons, are enough to catch the eye. 32 out of 36 icons are not needed all the time, only some time. You can even hide the PS Tray Factory icon!

---

Ooops! Looking at the image suddenly made me realize Skype has failed to open!
Thanks for causing my attention!

Must-have apps in the System tray?

urlwolf:
For those of you using Tclock or any other fancy clocks, AND opera, remember that opera widgets are your friends and can save you some memory and tray space :) Same for calendars, timers, counters etc. I saved about 40Mb. They are javascript, so very little CPU/memory overhead!

Curt:
... opera widgets are your friends.. -urlwolf (April 16, 2007, 12:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Doesn't that take that I keep Opera open?

urlwolf:
yes, but in my case it's always open, and minimized in the tray.
I assume a browser is one of the things most people have open most of the time, right?

Curt:
yes, but in my case it's always open, and minimized in the tray.
I assume a browser is one of the things most people have open most of the time, right?
-urlwolf (April 16, 2007, 01:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, you assume this. Its just; I don't know - you open this browser to hide it? Why then open it in the first place? I never understood most of these widgets; only being visible when the program they depend on, is open but not being used... I take it you have Opera placed in Start, then? And you surely must have some sort of Minimize To Systray?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version