ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Must-have apps in the System tray?

<< < (10/41) > >>

lanux128:
Steve Miller's PureText is a very handy clipboard tool but its function can be replicated via Autohotkey, that's why no one mentioned it, i think.. :)

e.g. Skrommel's PlainPaste

app103:
This discussion is very similar to this one.

In my post there, I gave a list of what I have that goes along with this scary image:

Perry Mowbray:
There's an App that I'd definitely like in my System Tray, but it ain't there... Somewhat similar to XNeat, but for the System Tray so that I can get some order in there. Mine often looks like App's, and sometimes the search for the icon to get to the menu just takes too long!

Not just hide icons (which happens now), but rearrange them and put them into menus. I did see some software to do that somewhere, but I can't remember now, but I think it was relatively expensive.

- Perry

app103:
PS Tray Factory let's you choose the order, what icons show and which are hidden, and lets you put things in the tray that would normally be cluttering up your desktop and/or taskbar.

It's what I use to shove console windows in my tray.

Personally, I don't really like hidden icons, hidden files, hidden folders...or anything else that tries to pretend it's not there. That's why my tray seems to look very cluttered.

Curt:
The harsh words against Free RAM PRO are based on a wrong angle. Why should anyone care that this program OF COURSE will slow down a PC that has 200 MB free RAM ?? Why would such a PC owner install this program in the first place? No, the situation is not relevant! Free RAM PRO is a fine program if you have very little RAM at all, but many programs, and right now you have say 20 MB free RAM left but you want to start an app that you know needs 100 MB RAM. Thats when Free RAM PRO is relevant. And it does the job a lot better that the others I have tried - says the guy with a total of 448 MB RAM to share.

scruffdaddy; how do you get Free RAM PRO to work together with Dachshund Hare ?? I wouldn't imagine that was posible.

scruffdaddy; if these Dachshund programs are half the good as the author claims they are (no updates for 4½ years?), you really should start a threat about them! The author's praise makes them sound as if out of this world fantastic! I am going to try them out!

link:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version