ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Must-have apps in the System tray?

<< < (33/41) > >>

lanux128:
... when the System Idle process graph is scrolling.  Put that column all the way to the left and resize columns so it is off screen, and you will see PE take less than 1% of CPU ...-cthorpe (May 12, 2007, 10:24 PM)
--- End quote ---
sorry, cthorpe but i don't quite follow, a screenshot would be nice.. :)

cthorpe:
Here is process explorer with the CPU graph showing on screen after scrolling up and down then waiting a few seconds:

And here it is with the CPU usage graph column moved off the screen to the right after scrolling up and down then waiting a few seconds:

lanux128:
ok, i get it.. thanks cthorpe.. :Thmbsup:

AndyM:
Curt, why not use a dedicated cpu usage monitoring system instead of running Process Explorer 24/7? just a suggestion.. :)
-lanux128 (May 13, 2007, 08:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ultra CPU Monitor 
www.darmon.de

Graph (or numbers) just sits in the system tray and seems to take 0% of the cpu.

Curt:
I thank you all for the suggestions  :up:

I think I have found an even better way.

First of all: my Process Explorer has "always" replaced TaskManager, so it is not going to be replaced by CPU Monitor, even though this seems to be very fine indeed.

Next: Inside Process Explorer I have disabled the graph-windows (I am surprised by the way cthorpe have chosen to do this; one may want to just right-click and click Select Columns), so Process Explorer is not using more than 1½% CPU with the window open, and of course a lot less when minimized to tray icon.

Finally: Inside Startup Delayer I right-clicked Process Explorer and clicked Classify As... System Process. So now Process Explorer is not displaying the CPU usage of Process Explorer!  ;-) and so must be using even less CPU.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version