ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How long will it take you to adopt Windows Vista as your OS?

<< < (7/13) > >>

Carol Haynes:
i don't think any skinning program will ever fully satisfy me as they seem to have glitches here and there - i need gui perfection - and so, there is only the 'classic' look that works 100%.
-nudone (March 19, 2006, 01:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think the glitches are ironed out now but ironically there were quite a few apps when XP was released that refused to work properly with the 'classic' look. Doubtless when Vista is released there will be apps that only support the new eyecandy (assuming there is a candy free version).

mouser:
does drm really have anything to do with windows vista? i mean whatever drm technologies they add to drm will surely be added to the media player software, etc.  its not like the operating system is going to make the drm situation better or worse one way or the other as far as i know.

best solution to drm madness i guess is to boycott content protected with drm.

kimmchii:
does drm really have anything to do with windows vista? i mean whatever drm technologies they add to drm will surely be added to the media player software, etc.  its not like the operating system is going to make the drm situation better or worse one way or the other as far as i know.

best solution to drm madness i guess is to boycott content protected with drm.
-mouser (March 19, 2006, 12:42 PM)
--- End quote ---
vista not only has software drm, it also has hardware drm, and everytime you change the motherboard, you need to purchase a new windows licence.

stansrailpix:
I would wait until until the bugs are worked out. It is Microsoft !! :down:

nowshining:
Won't use because of DRM = DIgital rights management, Wait until its taken out or given FREE to me.. :) I never payed for xp pro. Dell reinstallation disk from the warehouse where my father works as it was given up and worked fine withouth reactivating on my dell pc. (i have a optiplex gx300). My father works at a homeless center warehouse where they take items that businesses bring for a tax writeoff..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version