ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How long will it take you to adopt Windows Vista as your OS?

<< < (6/13) > >>

f0dder:
It's the difference between a real woman and a slattern, I'd much rather look at an attractive woman than be repelled by a skank.

--- End quote ---
I prefer women that are beatiful WITHOUT makeup, but are drop-dead gorgeous with. Vista is a case of "I can live with this skank when she has a couple of pounds of makeup on".

You might not think much of DRM right now and shrug it off as a "It's only the pirates worrying about this". I happen to think differently... I rip all my CDs to lossless audio format (APE or FLAC which sure as hell do NOT do DRM). If Microsoft has their way, I will not be able to do this in the future. Heck, some of my legally purchased CDs I've only been able to rip because I have a plextor drive and plextools. MS and friends are currently developing technologies that will only allow you to have audio output if you output is connected to a "verified device" - much worse than what's currently done with digital out on SPDIF devices.

It's all technology that fooks over regular users, but won't be much of a hindrance for pirates.

Just say NO NO NO and NO NO NO to VISTA. Unless, of course, you love eyecandy and 1984.

kimmchii:
i am worried about 32bit vs 64bit.
we are forced to upgrade if all software only available in 64 bit in the future.

nudone:
point taken about windowblinds, darwin. i wonder how common it is to install these kinds of programs only to remove them when the novelty is gone. windows classic stays on my machine for 350 days of the year it seems. i don't think any skinning program will ever fully satisfy me as they seem to have glitches here and there - i need gui perfection - and so, there is only the 'classic' look that works 100%. i was just hoping that vista's theme would be just as perfect, i.e. every single button, scroll bar, menu, etc, etc. would be perfectly positioned and clean, regardless of the program windows in view. time will tell.

does anyone know if vista will also have the 'classic' look available?

Carol Haynes:
It's the difference between a real woman and a slattern, I'd much rather look at an attractive woman than be repelled by a skank.

--- End quote ---
I prefer women that are beatiful WITHOUT makeup, but are drop-dead gorgeous with. Vista is a case of "I can live with this skank when she has a couple of pounds of makeup on".
-f0dder (March 18, 2006, 11:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Is it just me that finds these comments slightly offensive? Some of us may not be much to look at but we are human beings with the same emotions as everyone else (and perhaps a little more grey matter than women who spend 90% of the time in beauty parlours, in front of the mirror or having surgery).

Carol Haynes:
The only real way to deal with it is to pay attention to the legislation being proposed and make your opinion known.
-Cpilot (March 18, 2006, 08:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

ROFLMAO - this must be the funiest quote of the day !!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version