ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

It's alive, it's alive!!! mwahaha! - WinButtons and 7" touchscreen works

<< < (4/31) > >>

nudone:
Right. The MYMO is going back in the box and sent back to Amazon.

I thought I'd give it another try and see if I could make it respect the "don't move the mouse cursor" feature that comes with its own software control. It doesn't.

So, I thought maybe the MIMO software might work with the MYMO screen. It doesn't (and vice versa).

Maybe the MYMO would work on another computer setup. I assume it won't because of how poor these devices seem to be.

So, today's lesson is: don't by MYMO. (Which I'll have to mention in the Amazon review for this product.)

kyrathaba:
Wow!  It's hard to believe those devices are that sorry!  Sounds like the toolbar feature was in the experimental stage, and they started writing a help file for it, then decided it wasn't ready to include in the release, but forgot or neglected to remove the help file reference.

jgpaiva:
nudone: if that mouse thing isn't working reliably, I think it might be the kind of thing that AHK could easily do.

nudone:
nudone: if that mouse thing isn't working reliably, I think it might be the kind of thing that AHK could easily do.
-jgpaiva (September 06, 2011, 08:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ath has implemented a feature in WinButtons to try and stop the mouse cursor jumping to the touchscreen. It works a lot of the time but it's not 100%. Hard to say at the moment how often it fails - it's sporadic.

Perhaps with tweaking he'll get it to work perfectly, if not, then it looks like a MIMO screen and their software is required, though, as I said, that isn't perfect either (it doesn't quite manage to hit the target so often places the cursor about 100px away from where it should be).

But, I have to say, the things I've seen you do with AutoHotKey (with DialogMove and GridMove) made me assume that "mouse cursor position memory" would be something achievable. Perhaps the 100% perfect is a little too much to ask for, I don't know how difficult these things are really.

jgpaiva:
Ath has implemented a feature in WinButtons to try and stop the mouse cursor jumping to the touchscreen. It works a lot of the time but it's not 100%. Hard to say at the moment how often it fails - it's sporadic.
-nudone (September 06, 2011, 08:26 AM)
--- End quote ---
Cool :D
Yeah, I think I may have been overly optimist with the "easily" part, getting this kind of stuff working with 100% reliability is hard (and even in GridMove I still find some glitches that I haven't managed to sort out). I'm sure ath will get it working great once he starts playing with a setup similar to yours ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version