ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Batch m3u8 creator - similar to createm3u

<< < (2/13) > >>

tranglos:
m3u8 files are basically unicode-friendly versions of .m3u playlist files.
The different (AFAIK) between m3u and m3u8 files is: m3u is ANSI  m3u8 is UTF-8 files compatible with foreign languages.
-stisev (September 05, 2011, 12:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

In my experience you can save m3u files as UTF-8 and they still work with the likes of Winamp or AIMP2.

I have written a tiny command-line utility to create a file called playlist.m3u from an alphabetically sorted list of all mp3 / ogg / wav files in a folder. The resulting file extension is m3u, but the file is encoded as UTF-8 if any of the filenames contains trans-ASCII characters. I use it with Total Commander, because it lets me easily execute a command-line program in a specific folder. Let me know if it is something you could find useful!

dcsev:
m3u8 files are basically unicode-friendly versions of .m3u playlist files.
The different (AFAIK) between m3u and m3u8 files is: m3u is ANSI  m3u8 is UTF-8 files compatible with foreign languages.
-stisev (September 05, 2011, 12:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

In my experience you can save m3u files as UTF-8 and they still work with the likes of Winamp or AIMP2.

I have written a tiny command-line utility to create a file called playlist.m3u from an alphabetically sorted list of all mp3 / ogg / wav files in a folder. The resulting file extension is m3u, but the file is encoded as UTF-8 if any of the filenames contains trans-ASCII characters. I use it with Total Commander, because it lets me easily execute a command-line program in a specific folder. Let me know if it is something you could find useful!
-tranglos (September 05, 2011, 12:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi tranglos,
yea, I would assume winamp would take m3u as UTF-8. It's too bad I don't use TC.  I used it a while back but gave it up for the best file manager yet -- XYplorer.

Plus, I would need the following criteria:

Insert Quote
UPDATE:rofl

answered my own request, BUT we could still use a program like create3mu that does this seamlessly.  With this script, I have to open m3u tag, load up ALL of the folders into mp3tag (takes a long time).

One can use mp3tag using the following export configuration to do exactly what I want:
1) Relative file name
2) m3u8 or m3u file extension
3) -directoryname-.m3u8 (or m3u) file naming structure
4) 1 in each folder, respecting folder structure
5) UTF-8 format

skwire:
If SnapList won't cover your needs, I can write you a CreateM3U clone that will handle Unicode characters.

dcsev:
If SnapList won't cover your needs, I can write you a CreateM3U clone that will handle Unicode characters.
-skwire (September 05, 2011, 12:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

rofl. holy shit. skwire, you are a living god.

skwire, could you do the following:

Basically, make it exactly the SAME design/everything as createm3u
-portable (.ini or config or whatever)
-give user the option of m3u (ANSI) or m3u8 (UTF) (or maybe even "create m3u8 if non-english/ Latin-1 characters found?)
-each m3u/m3u8 file is placed inside of the folder
-each m3u/m3u8 file is named after the folder
-recursive (I can drop /mp3s on there and all of the subfolders get m3u8/m3us)
-drag and droppable
-be able to process folders that are  "sent" to it via sendto menu.
-no prompts after dragging

I can't think of anything else

skwire:
Do you use the commandline features of it?  Or just the GUI?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version