ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 Release: Ethervane Echo

<< < (56/63) > >>

strife:
I did a search for ActivationHotkeyKey, but didn't see anyone with my problem, so here goes:

I'm running 1.1.3 128 stable on Win7 64.

Using the hotkey to open the echo window always opens it in the same position regardless of where it was when I minimized/closed it.

This does NOT occur if I open the window by clicking the tray icon.  I use a dual monitor setup so I want echo on my 2nd mon while I work on my main one.

I like to close windows that aren't used at the moment, but I always have to drag the window over if I use the hotkey.

Strange that no one else has this issue?

Thanks

tranglos:
Using the hotkey to open the echo window always opens it in the same position regardless of where it was when I minimized/closed it.

This does NOT occur if I open the window by clicking the tray icon.  I use a dual monitor setup so I want echo on my 2nd mon while I work on my main one.

I like to close windows that aren't used at the moment, but I always have to drag the window over if I use the hotkey.
-strife (May 20, 2012, 11:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

First, check this setting:

Tools -> Preferences -> Display -> PopupPosition.

By default this option is set to ppAtCaret, so Echo tries to position itself as close as possible to where the caret (text insertion point) is. If this is not possible, e.g. because the currently focused window does not have a caret (a message box, for instance), then Echo pops up at its most recent position.

If this option it set to anything else, change it to ppAtCaret.

This behavior does not depend on how you activate Echo (hotkey, mouse click, etc), but Echo will ONLY reposition itself if it was hidden (minimized) when you activated it. On the same preferences screen there is an option called RepositionOnlyFromIconic, which you can set to False if you prefer.

Please check both settings and see if they help.

strife:
Changing it to ppLastPosition fixed it.  Somewhat embarassed I didn't look more thoroughly.

Thanks!

Paul1149:
Tranglos, I joined this site to thank you for an amazing effort. This is a professionally-done piece of work that stands out among the many clipboard helpers available. Super solid and configurable.

The one area where I have lost ground in the switchover is the stickies. In my old CLCL, I could organize them in folders, in arbitrary order, and I could give them titles. I also could assign hotkeys for sticky clips. Titles enabled me to identify the clip, but to paste only the contents of the clip. I currently have Echo set to show one line only, which is the title, but I have to clean up the paste afterward.

Also, in that regard, I don't see any way to show more of the clip with a hover-over. This would be useful, but maybe I've missed it among all the options.

Thanks again,
Paul

Lazy Moon:
Like the previous poster, I joined this site primarily to express my admiration for Echo. It's a fabulous piece of software, head and shoulders above the other clipboard extenders out there. The level of thought that went into the design is really impressive.

I do however want to note that I have the same problem posted by Hangdog on January 7th and Silat on April 6th: in Windows 7 x64, for some reason, the status of the tray icon is not saved between sessions. In other words, when the tray icon is set to "Show icon and notifications", it appears, but it will not persist once the user has logged off. On the next login, the icon is hidden again and needs to be reset to "Show". The settings for the tray icons of every other application I'm using persist between sessions; Echo is the only exception. From earlier comments by Tranglos and others I gather this is not a problem in 32-bit versions of Windows, but there does seem to be something about Echo that makes it problematic for the 64-bit version to retain this particular setting, although I can't imagine what it is. (I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium x64 and loading Echo via the Start Menu > Program> Startup folder. Haven't yet tried loading it with a scheduled task at login instead; I suppose that might make a difference to the way Windows handles it.) It's not a big deal, but I wanted to make it clear that it's a real thing, not just some funky aberration caused by something specific to Hangdog's and Silat's systems.

But mostly I just wanted to say bravo, and thanks for making it available for free.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version