ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 Release: Ethervane Echo

<< < (43/63) > >>

tranglos:
no still something doesn't work as I want:

When I paste a clip ethervane echo hides again even when the "keep on top" feature is active.
I would like to keep it unhided (on top).

(MinimizeOnDeactivate is set to false)
-robbero (February 17, 2012, 11:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm afraid this isn't quite possible. Echo must minimize before it can paste. Please see this earlier post for an explanation.

Though the semi-workaround described in that post might help just a little - Echo could restore itself after pasting, though it will not be able to regain focus.

tranglos:
I would like to have it a bit different but it is already ok as it is.

I would like to hide the window when it is not active and
I would like to keep the window always when "keep on top" feature is active.
-robbero (February 17, 2012, 11:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

"Window not active" means the window does not have focus, i.e. you have switched to another application. This is when Echo hides by default. But it cannot hide *and* stay on top at the same time :-)

What I should do is not auto-hide the window as long as "stay on top" is enabled; that way will at least be more intuitive, and you won't have to fiddle with the MinimizeOnDeactivate option when using "stay on top". Will be fixed in the next release.

robbero:
Thank you for your nice answer.
I regret that it is not possible.

I have read that Echo Eth. can restore itself without focus.
I haven't understand how to do this.

ps:
Btw.. I once used ClipCube. In Clipcube it is possible to click on a clip item which copies the item and then paste it in another application. The program doesn't minimize and stay on top.

tranglos:
I have read that Echo Eth. can restore itself without focus.
I haven't understand how to do this.
-robbero (February 17, 2012, 04:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Can't be done yet. I'm working on it right now. With StayOnTop, it seems like Echo will indeed get its focus back when it restores itself.

I'm not sure if it isn't self-defeating though, because you'll want to work in the application into which the text was pasted, rather than be returned to Echo. I'll release a new version and see what happens.

Btw.. I once used ClipCube. In Clipcube it is possible to click on a clip item which copies the item and then paste it in another application. The program doesn't minimize and stay on top.

--- End quote ---

Different applications may use different techniques of (a) pasting data into other programs and, more importantly, (b) figuring out which program to paste into. The way Echo works, it needs to hide so that it can reliably detect which program becomes active - this is the program Echo pastes into. Making that check before you bring up Echo to select a clip for pasting was too unreliable, and making that check after has been 100% reliable so far. This is the single most important thing Echo does, so I cannot use a method that will sometimes pick the wrong window (or detect no window at all).

robbero:
I'm not sure if it isn't self-defeating though, because you'll want to work in the application into which the text was pasted, rather than be returned to Echo. I'll release a new version and see what happens.
-tranglos (February 17, 2012, 06:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you.
Maybe I didn't explain myself very well.

Its ok that ethervane echo lose the focus after pasting but my problem is that the software minimize itself again after pasting (even when MinimizeOnDeactivate is set to False).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version