ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 Release: Ethervane Echo

<< < (42/63) > >>

tranglos:
- double click on icon Enables/Disables the clipping
-robbero (February 17, 2012, 03:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

Double click, I don't think so, because a single click is used to activate the main window. And anyway, since Win7 (and Vista? not sure) now hide all the icons by default, it's generally too much clicky work for my taste to get to the icon and then click some more.

There will be a hotkey though. As for when, I've made the mistake of answering that question way too many times and I know better now :-)

- Pin function (with automatic refresh when copying a text to clipboard)

--- End quote ---

If you mean the "stay ion top of other windows" feature, it was implemented in 1.0.6, the version before last. Grab the latest version here.

robbero:
- Pin function (with automatic refresh when copying a text to clipboard)
-robbero (February 17, 2012, 03:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

If you mean the "stay ion top of other windows" feature, it was implemented in 1.0.6, the version before last. Grab the latest version here.

-tranglos (February 17, 2012, 07:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Wow.. great :)
But... I can't make it work.
I checked it (1.1.0. 117)
Keep on top of other windows.

But it doesn't stay on top.

ps: isn't it possible to put a little pin icon on the toolbar?

tranglos:
I checked it (1.1.0. 117)
Keep on top of other windows.

But it doesn't stay on top.
-robbero (February 17, 2012, 11:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

In what way doesn't it work?

By default Echo minimizes and hides when it becomes deactivated. If you keep this default setting, then "stay on top" will work but you won't ever see it, because Echo will hide as soon as you switch to a different window. If this is the part that doesn't work, you need to do

Tools -> Preferences -> Display -> MinimizeOnDeactivate and set this option to False.

If you already use that setting and stay on top still doesn't work as expected, please give more details.

ps: isn't it possible to put a little pin icon on the toolbar?

--- End quote ---

First Echo would have to have a toolbar :-) I'm still in two minds about whether or not it needs one. If the toolbar appears, then this setting will be included.

I will add a keyboard shortcut though, and maybe an indication in the status bar.

robbero:

Tools -> Preferences -> Display -> MinimizeOnDeactivate and set this option to False.

If you already use that setting and stay on top still doesn't work as expected, please give more details.
-tranglos (February 17, 2012, 11:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Wonderful :)

I would like to have it a bit different but it is already ok as it is.

I would like to hide the window when it is not active and
I would like to keep the window always when "keep on top" feature is active.

First Echo would have to have a toolbar :-) I'm still in two minds about whether or not it needs one. If the toolbar appears, then this setting will be included.

--- End quote ---

Thank you. :)

I will add a keyboard shortcut though, and maybe an indication in the status bar.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, how could I have missed this stay on top feature. :)

robbero:
no still something doesn't work as I want:

When I paste a clip ethervane echo hides again even when the "keep on top" feature is active.
I would like to keep it unhided (on top).

(MinimizeOnDeactivate is set to false)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version