ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 Release: Ethervane Echo

<< < (41/63) > >>

hangdawg:
hi tranglos    ive got echo to start with windows  but when restarting   echo main window shows for a second or  2  as the desktop loads is there a setting to prevent the main window from showing it does this with the portable and the installed version thanks

tranglos:
hi tranglos    ive got echo to start with windows  but when restarting   echo main window shows for a second or  2  as the desktop loads is there a setting to prevent the main window from showing it does this with the portable and the installed version thanks
-hangdawg (February 13, 2012, 04:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Try:
Tools -> Preferences -> Startup behavior -> StartMinimized, and set it to True.

That should work, but you can also make the equivalent setting in the shortcut used to start Echo. Right-click the shortcut, select Properties, and in the "Run" (or "Run as", not sure what the English version of Windows says) select "Minimized".

hangdawg:
hi  tranglos   i had it set this way  Tools -> Preferences -> Startup behavior -> StartMinimized, and set it to True. 
but didnt    help   but   by  checking    Minimized  in the properties  box  fixed  it   in the installed version  but no option to do so in the portable version   but echo places  2  icons  in the customize notifaction area  only shows  1  in tray but not in customize   heres  a pic
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/6583/echob.png    thats   just  using  the installed version but to double check i ran a batch script  to clean the  notification  icon cache to be sure  i got  from  here   http://www.7tutorials.com/how-clean-notification-area-icon-cache  but 2 icons will still show up  1 set to always show and the other not to show   maybe this will help you ive  been battling for it to  always show 

tranglos:
checking    Minimized  in the properties  box  fixed  it   in the installed version  but no option to do so in the portable version   
-hangdawg (February 13, 2012, 09:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Create a shortcut (in the Start menu, for example) that points to the portable version. Then you can set the property in the shortcut.

but echo places  2  icons  in the customize notifaction area  only shows  1  in tray but not in customize   heres  a pic

--- End quote ---

Echo doesn't add two icons. I'm not sure why that is, but Windows 7 can't seem to keep track of the icons correctly at all. On my system:

NANY 2012 Release: Ethervane Echo

Some apps don't have icons at all, some are listed four times, each time with a different icon... This is not a fault of the application. I can understand multiple listings, perhaps Windows creates a new entry when the file location or version number changes, but the icons mess is something else entirely. It isn't Echo's doing, and the problem occurs with all kinds of apps. In the screenshot, even Windows Explorer did not get the correct icon (and it should not show up in the tray at all).

robbero:
tranglos,

do you have any idea if and when these things will be added to echo eth.:

- double click on icon Enables/Disables the clipping
- Pin function (with automatic refresh when copying a text to clipboard)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version