ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 Release: Ethervane Echo

<< < (35/63) > >>

Sascha:
New version released January 27: 1.0.6.110

ADDED: Echo can now store its database and configuration files in any user-specified folder. This works the same way for both the desktop and portable editions. Custom folder can be specified on the command line or in the master.config file. This is useful for example if you want Echo to keep its data and configuration in a folder that you can easily include in your backup.
-tranglos (January 26, 2012, 08:19 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks a lot, Marek!  :Thmbsup:

tranglos:
hi tranglos  i have  4 quick veiws set-up  clips, sticky,urls, and all clips  is there a way to fix it  to  have the stickys only show up in the stickys and   the all clips quick veiw  ive tried filters but  the best i could come up with is using a time filter   Ethervane Echo  is working great  thanks
-hangdawg (January 26, 2012, 11:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

You can add a "Sticky clips" filter to a view and reverse it, so that the filter will show only non-sticky clips.

There may be one hitch however: for this to work, the option to match ALL filters much be selected if there is more than one filter. If you have a view that already uses multiple filters, and the filters are joined with OR ("Match any filter" is selected), then this won't work. Echo can only apply "any of the filters" or "all of the filters", but not "any of these filters AND this one as well".

It will work for the default view though, which contains no filters initially.

hangdawg:
hi tranglos  your idea worked great  because   i renamed the default to clips    hi tranglos  i have  4 quick veiws set-up  clips, sticky,urls, and all clips
--- End quote ---

so it worked perfectly  ;D   thanks

jash:
1.  As requested earlier in this forum, I too would like an "always-on-top" feature. 
-jash (January 11, 2012, 10:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Done in the latest release (out now). Please let mew know if there are any problems.
-tranglos (January 26, 2012, 08:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you tranglos for adding this feature.  It's working fine for me on my Win7 (64bit) machine -- only the "Help" submenu windows appear behind the main window when the feature is on.  Not to be ungrateful, but is there also a setting to keep the main window open/maximized after pasting clips?  A similar setting already exists for copying clips, but I couldn't find one for pasting clips.  Keep up the great work!

tranglos:
It's working fine for me on my Win7 (64bit) machine -- only the "Help" submenu windows appear behind the main window when the feature is on.
-jash (January 28, 2012, 09:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

I.e., the help file? This would be normal. When you open help, you're starting a separate application. That application will be hidden behind any "on top" window, just like any other app.

is there also a setting to keep the main window open/maximized after pasting clips?  A similar setting already exists for copying clips, but I couldn't find one for pasting clips.  
--- End quote ---

This isn't available because it isn't really possible. In order to paste, Echo has to minimize / hide itself first, so that the previously active window becomes uncovered. Otherwise that window would not process input events, so the paste feature would not work at all. (Or, it would not work in a lot of cases, which is just as bad.)

In theory, Echo could hide, paste, then restore itself. But that won't work either due to how Windows blocks applications from stealing focus. Windows allows applications to activate themselves and grab focus only in three ways:

* when you physically activate the application (e.g. by a click)
* when an activation hotkey is pressed
* an application that currently has focus may yield focus to another app.
There are no exceptions. So, once Echo's window is deactivated, the OS will not let Echo get focus again without any action from the user. (Echo could "restore" the window, but it will not receive focus until you click it or press the activation hotkey.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version