ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 Release: Ethervane Echo

<< < (34/63) > >>

yarond:
yarond, welcome to the site!  :D
-kyrathaba (January 24, 2012, 08:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks.  :)
Been an occasional reader in some of the forums here for a while, but as a rule I try to follow the "if you don't have anything to say then don't say it" creed.

kyrathaba:
Heh, if I followed that policy, I'd still be below 500 posts ;)

tranglos:
New version released January 27: 1.0.6.110

See the top post in this thread for download links.

Two new features by request:

ADDED: A new option to keep main program window on top of other windows (often called "stay on top"). Disabled by default. To enable, click View -> Keep on Top of Other Windows.

- This is somewhat experimental. I have managed to get it to work correctly on my system, but if you observe any problems, please disable the option and let me know. Particularly if dialog boxes should become inaccessible (hidden behind the on-top main window).

ADDED: Echo can now store its database and configuration files in any user-specified folder. This works the same way for both the desktop and portable editions. Custom folder can be specified on the command line or in the master.config file. This is useful for example if you want Echo to keep its data and configuration in a folder that you can easily include in your backup.

The folder does not have to exist, but Echo must be able to create it if it does not.

a) Command-line usage (you can add that to the shortcut used to start Echo):

--- ---ethervaneecho.exe -f:<your custom folder here>
Note: it's "-f", then a colon, then the folder. If the folder contains spaces, it must be put in quotation marks:

--- ---ethervaneecho.exe -f:"c:\my random stuff"
b) master.config file usage (will affect everyone using Echo on the same computer):

--- ---; in the [EchoDatabase] section
[EchoDatabase]

; add this line:
directoryoverride=<your custom folder here>

For more information see relevant topics in the Help file (master.config and command-line arguments)

OK, so this is a small update I wanted to get out the door, because there's plenty of other stuff queued up that needs more time, so the next release may take a bit longer (unless it's an urgent bugfix, but let's hope not :-).

tranglos:
1.  As requested earlier in this forum, I too would like an "always-on-top" feature. 
-jash (January 11, 2012, 10:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Done in the latest release (out now). Please let mew know if there are any problems.

hangdawg:
hi tranglos  i have  4 quick veiws set-up  clips, sticky,urls, and all clips  is there a way to fix it  to  have the stickys only show up in the stickys and   the all clips quick veiw  ive tried filters but  the best i could come up with is using a time filter   Ethervane Echo  is working great  thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version