ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 Release: Ethervane Echo

<< < (19/63) > >>

Ath:
Can you make a "Real portable Application"?
"PortableApps.com"
-limelect (December 22, 2011, 08:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's a joke, right?
-PhilB66 (December 22, 2011, 08:54 AM)
--- End quote ---
Must be a joke, the installation instructions explicitly explain how to install the portable version :Thmbsup:

Oh, and a laugh for the (silly) joke ;D

panzer:
http://www.ghacks.net/2011/12/28/ethervane-echo-a-portable-windows-clipboard-extender/

tranglos:
Can you make a "Real portable Application"?
"PortableApps.com"-limelect (December 22, 2011, 08:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Phil and Ath are right, Echo already is as portable as it can get :)

I was not sure what was involved in having it distributed via portableapps.com. I kind of assumed they were the ones actually packaging applications with their special installer. However, I have now seen there is some sort of API to follow, and a required directory structure to which Echo does not quite conform. So it's not a priority right now, I'll investigate further as time allows.

(There's already Ditto Portable there, too, so probably no need for another one.)

tranglos:
http://www.ghacks.net/2011/12/28/ethervane-echo-a-portable-windows-clipboard-extender/
-panzer (December 28, 2011, 01:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nice, thanks!

tranglos:
New version released December 30: 1.0.4.103

See the top post in this thread for download links.

This is the first non-beta release, just in time on the finish line! So not many new features this time, just a couple of hotkeys as requested and a few minor bug fixes.

What's new in this release:

ADDED: System-wide hotkey to paste clipboard contents as plain text. By default this action is assigned to Shift+Win+Insert. When you press this hotkey, Echo checks if the clipboard contains text. If so, Echo removes from clipboard all formats that are not plain text (in effect, "clears" the clipboard of any rich data) and performs a paste in whatever application is current. This gives you a "Paste as text" command in any Windows application that supports rich text editing. Useful especially when an application does not have such a command readily available. (Of course, Echo already had a "paste as text" command for the selected clip. This new feature works without opening Echo, and it operates only on current contents of the clipboard.)

ADDED: System-wide hotkey to clear clipboard contents. By default this action is assigned to Shift+Win+Delete. When you press this hotkey, Echo erases all data currently on clipboard. Useful when you want Windows to instantly "forget" whatever has been copied to clipboard last. (Of course the clip may still exist in Echo's database.)

FIXED: Broken in previous release: Delete key could no longer be used in the in-place editor. It can be now.

REMOVED: Dependency on the FastMM_FullDebugMode.dll library. This file is no longer needed, since the current release is no longer a debug build. If you are upgrading from an earlier version of Echo, you can delete this file manually in a file manager.
Miscellaneous internal fix-ups.

Happy clipping!

To everyone who asked for triggering items on 0-9 keys: I'm afraid this won't happen soon. I literally sat down to implement this, and then realized it requires a fairly major rewrite. Here's why: when you look at the Echo screen, it's really not at all easy to tell which item is seventh, say. Or whether an item you're looking at is fifth or sixth. Meaning, the feature is meaningless without Echo being able to display the actual digits next to each item (the way FARR does). While it may seem simple, it isn't quite, because the numbers are not part of each item's text: items get different numbers assigned to them (or none at all) whenever you scroll the view. Long story short, this requires a different (virtual) control to display the items, and changing that now pretty much means ripping everything open. Can't do that at the moment, but it is certainly a possibility.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version