ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 Release: Ethervane Echo

<< < (18/63) > >>

tranglos:
And maybe an idea for futur versions:
programs from Ethervane Echo does not capture text
p.e. password managers
-robbero (December 06, 2011, 02:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Already possible - please see the Help file: Advanced Topics -> Privacy Considerations -> Excluding applications.

Also, good password managers should implement (and several do implement) a technique invented by the author of ClipMate for just that purpose. It relies on the password manager setting a special clipboard format CLIPBOARD_VIEWER_IGNORE when copying any sensitive data to clipboard. When Echo sees that special format, it doesn't capture the clip. You can check with the author of your password manager whether it uses this technique, and if not, ask them to do so. It's the best solution by far, and extremely easy to code.

tranglos:
Beautiful software :)
I left Ditto and changed to Ethervane Echo.

But... I searched for the always on top feature.

I often put the clipboard manager beside my text-editor and use keep it there.
(it would be nice just to have an icon at the top of ethervane echo (in the header) just to put the software on top (of/off click).
-robbero (December 06, 2011, 12:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, Echo does not have a toolbar and it won't get one in the nearest future (maybe later). As for the stay-on-top feature itself, it's been requested before and it's on my to-do list. But, I'm getting some unusually weird behaviors when setting Echo's window to stay on top - looks like side effects of recent changes in the Delphi compiler. It used to be simple and problem free in earlier versions of Delphi, now it just produces some unacceptable side effects. If I can find a workaround, I'll add the feature.

(Echo does and will continue to work with XP. No earlier versions of Windows will be supported though, because they can't handle Unicode-enabled apps compiled in Delphi.)

robbero:
Thank you tranglos.

Excluding application works fine :)

on top question:
In my hotkeyP (a hotkey software) I added the shortcut WIN+O to put applications always on top. You're right. It does work in other applications but not in Echo.
I noted also that it doesn't refresh the new clips when echo is open.

I think its correct nog to add another toolbar.
I spoke about the "on top" icon in the actual window header.
(please see clipcube http://www.computeractive.co.uk/IMG/983/163983/clipcube-580x358.jpg?1298897584)

limelect:
Can you make a "Real portable Application"?
"PortableApps.com"

PhilB66:
Can you make a "Real portable Application"?
"PortableApps.com"
-limelect (December 22, 2011, 08:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's a joke, right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version