ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 Release: Ethervane Echo

<< < (54/63) > >>

tranglos:
Win 7 64

Ethervane will not show in systray at restart.
I have set it to show "icon and notification".
If I manually do that then it shows.
But at system restart it is hidden again.
-silat (April 06, 2012, 03:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

This (what shows up in the system tray) is entirely controlled by Windows, not by applications. All Echo does is instruct Windows to show its icon in the system tray, but it has no control over how it is displayed (icon, notifications only etc).

I'm not seeing the problem you describe on Windows 7 32-bit. Perhaps the 64-bit Windows treats 32-b it apps in this way, I'm afraid I have no idea.

Adm:
Please help me.
I copy a few words from the webpage, then select them in the Echo and insert in a web form, but the word order is wrong. How do I get when inserting the words they have been allocated in the order in which I copied them?

tranglos:
Please help me.
I copy a few words from the webpage, then select them in the Echo and insert in a web form, but the word order is wrong. How do I get when inserting the words they have been allocated in the order in which I copied them?
-Adm (April 18, 2012, 12:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi Adam. I'm not sure I understand. Can you please describe what you are trying to do in more detail? Are you selecting more than 1 item in Echo?

If you are, then by default Echo copies items in chronological order (newest first), even if they are displayed in some other other, e.g. alphabetically. You can change this so that Echo will copy multiple items in the order in which they are displayed: click Tools -> Preferences -> Pasting clips. Change the option called MultiPasteOrder to mpoAsDisplayed.

This only applies in case you are copying multiple items at a time. (Otherwise I can't see how Echo could change the order of words - it is not possible inside a clip).

However, if you are trying to fill out a web form, Echo will not help you fill out several fields at a time (e.g put the username in one field and the password in another field ine one go). All Echo does is put text on the clipboard.

cameos:
dear tranglos,

Can you still consider to allow user to customize [Close] button behavior? either click [Close] to minimize to tray, or at least ask for confirmation to exit? I have many windows floating on screen, there were couple of times I mistakenly clicked on Echo's [Close] button and lost tracking of clipboard.

Thanks.

Edit:
tranglos, I just found the "minimize to tray" option in preferences. Thanks again.

tranglos:
New release May 9 (Version 1.1.3)

See the top post in this thread for download links.

New in this release:

FIXED: A bug that would cause clip use count to be unnecessarily incremented in some situations,. e.g. when capturing duplicate clips.

No idea how I missed this one for so long. I must be getting old! Use count for all clips should now be maintained correctly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version