ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Should I Get A Divorce?

<< < (4/4)

steeladept:

Our Father, which art in in the kernel,
Hallowed be thy OS.
Thy browser come.
Thy will be done in office suites,
As it is in development toolchains.
Give us this RAM our daily memory.
And restore us our crashed disks,
As we AV cure them that try to infect us.
And lead us not into iTunes,
But deliver us from DRM.
For thine is the browser,
The OS, and the cloud,

For ever and ever.

Amen.

;D
-Renegade (September 03, 2011, 06:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

One iPad
      - $699.99

One machine that will actually let you activate it
      - $2,394.67

All the artzy crap to fit in with the iPad crowd
      - $568.94

One new prayer from your techie friends
      - Priceless

There's some things money can't buy, for everything else there's Mastercard

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sorry, too lazy to add the pictures, and imagination is worth it's weight in gold anyway.

Fred Nerd:
I don't know about a divorce, but it is one of the questions my daughter now asks before considering dating a guy:

Do you own a computer? (REQUIRED!) Is it a Mac, and if so, what OS is it running (Linux is OK).

-app103 (September 03, 2011, 02:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think your daughter has an easier time than guys like me who keep meeting girls who are attracted to shiny things like iPhones that all their friends have. Oh, and Macbook Air is sooooo cute (lolz).
And yes, in Australia, Apple has really taken off. You have to either be broke and get a cheap droid or a serious techie to get anything other than an iPhone.

PS, what's your daughter's number? ;)

PPS, AHK is one reason I only want a PC girl. It has been considered romantic to write custom scripts for someone special. "....and press CTRL+Q, it displays your name......."

Darwin:
Ironically, Renegade, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is in stores in the Great White North ($499 for the 16GB version, which has 3G). They are GORGEOUS, but I went for the Asus Transformer because the screen is *about* on par and for the same price ($496) I got a built-in mini-HDMI port (dongle for the Sammy is $35), a microSD slot AND a keyboard dock that adds a second battery, keyboard and touchpad, 2 USB ports, an MMC/SD/SDHC slot... I'm *hoping* to use this thing on the road as a productivity tool. I'm tired of lugging my 3 year old laptop around. I just plugged my HP wireless keyboard and mouse receiver into one of the USB ports and they both worked right away. I really don't see this replacing a computer, but I think it's going to be great for the fall semester: my employer hasn't seen fit to provide me with a decent computer and I am travelling between three different campuses, so I'm going to take the tablet with me and run powerpoint presentations from it directly...

Sorry, too lazy to add the pictures, and imagination is worth it's weight in gold anyway.
-steeladept (September 03, 2011, 09:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

You might say that an imagination is priceless, non?  ;D

Fred Nerd:
I was given a iPod touch to 'work out' for an older friend.

Ok initial impressions are that of total 'People put up with this???????'

Someone had loaded music on it which wouldn't play. Wrong encoding I presume.
Anyway, I plugged it into my PC and ran iTunes (I have an iPod Classic, as much as I hate Apple and hate my iPod, it is the only thing to hold over 13000 songs in 320AAC) Now, up comes a message saying 'do you want to sync with this library? Big time NO. But it still wiped the Touch anyway. Didn't put anything on, just wiped it.

Contrast a 'Droid device. USB plug in. Locate new drive, find music, put music on, put pictures on, App files, whatever, unplug and its all there.

Just seems sooooooo limited, and very restrictive

It seemed slightly more responsive than my nexus and nicer scrolling, but you got the idea it was only because it was really not doing much. No meat to the apps.

Anyway. I used to think that fanboism was only a game. But its totally justified.

I now think Apple as USELESS as well as Evil.

wraith808:
Now, up comes a message saying 'do you want to sync with this library? Big time NO. But it still wiped the Touch anyway. Didn't put anything on, just wiped it.
-Fred Nerd (September 06, 2011, 08:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't know why it did that- but that's not standard behavior.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version