ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

New Folder 2 2.4.2.0

<< < (3/5) > >>

MilesAhead:
The best is a decent filemanager, but MilesAhead's solution is decent for those who stick to explorer.
--- End quote ---

+1 - though it's not very convenient if you don't have your file manager running and want to create a quick folder on the desktop. I've written an AHK script using the same shortcut I use within X2 (F12), that only runs when the focus is on the desktop or the taskbar/start menu. I pass the current date+time as the default folder name.

BTW, Miles, your program ran fine on XP.
-nosh (September 06, 2011, 04:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you.  Part of the fun of the hotkey stuff is fixing little oversights. Like when I got Vista pre SP1 Control-Enter did not open selected folder(s) in a new window like XP.  Drove me nuts.  Easy to fix with a hotkey. :)

nosh:
I'd tried an older version, before the hotkey handler.  Ran fine, but I probably only tested it on the desktop... can't recall for sure.

In any case, it's all good now. :up:

MilesAhead:
I'd tried an older version, before the hotkey handler.  Ran fine, but I probably only tested it on the desktop... can't recall for sure.

In any case, it's all good now. :up:
-nosh (September 06, 2011, 05:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

The old version used a "trick" suggested in AutoIt3 help. It disables the hotkey, uses Send to send the key, then enables again.  Turns out it doesn't work correctly when programs like editors that have accelerator keys, have the focus.

It touched of a discussion about how to accomplish the equivalent of AHK #IfWinActive in AutoIt3. Turns out there's a user written hotkey library that handles class situations but I still don't think it has the Mouse hotkey support that AHK does.  AHK must do it themselves in the base engine because every time I tried the Hotkey WinAPIs from C++ nothing to do with the mouse ever worked. :)

MilesAhead:
New Folder 2   2.1.0.0 Added Change Hotkey command to Tray Menu.

See the Readme for link to AHK hotkey format reference.

MilesAhead:
New Folder 2   2.2.0.0 Added secondary hotkey, Shift-NumPadSub, to open the Home Folder of the Active Window.  This is the same as the main function of my Home Folder utility.  But since I run NewFolder2 all the time it's a handy hotkey to have.

As example, if the active window is EditPadLite application window, or some other program, and you want to know where it is installed, instead of searching or opening the shortcut, hit Shift-NumPadSub. The home folder will open in Explorer.

Should work on XP and later. It uses WMI call to get the location of the exe associated with the window.

If the Active Window is an Explorer Folder then it should open the folder where Explorer.exe lives.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version