ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

New Folder 2 2.4.2.0

<< < (2/5) > >>

MilesAhead:
FreeCommander I've used for a long time. It has F7 already for new folder. I let it pass through to app windows.the most handy solution is to create a new subfolder folder when you double click on the empty area of a folder view, imo
-kalos (September 06, 2011, 02:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Edit the ini file option for Hotkey.  Try some of these until you find something you like:

http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/Hotkeys.htm

Edit: I added the above link to the Readme

MilesAhead:
the most handy solution is to create a new subfolder folder when you double click on the empty area of a folder view, imo-kalos (September 06, 2011, 02:20 PM)
--- End quote ---
That means moving your hand from the keyboard to the mouse and then back to the keyboard - definitely not very handy.

The best is a decent filemanager, but MilesAhead's solution is decent for those who stick to explorer.
-f0dder (September 06, 2011, 02:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yup.  FreeCommander has F7 for new folder. I got used to that key.  My program passes the key on if not on desktop or in explorer folder.  With QTTabBar explorer isn't so bad.  Esp. on Windows Seven the folder button on the Taskbar lets me close all folders at once.

Also I made a hack to open Explorer folders spaced out on screen from paths in a text file. It's easier to take an existing folder set file and Save As in an editor than to use a Layout in FC.

kalos:
the most handy solution is to create a new subfolder folder when you double click on the empty area of a folder view, imo-kalos (September 06, 2011, 02:20 PM)
--- End quote ---
That means moving your hand from the keyboard to the mouse and then back to the keyboard - definitely not very handy.

The best is a decent filemanager, but MilesAhead's solution is decent for those who stick to explorer.
--- End quote ---

no, I think you are wrong: you don't move your hand from the keyboard to the mouse, you most often have your hand to your mouse already!

MilesAhead:
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

no, I think you are wrong: you don't move your hand from the keyboard to the mouse, you most often have your hand to your mouse already!

-kalos (September 06, 2011, 03:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm mouse oriented also.  That's why I use AHK to do the hotkey part. It has better Mouse Hotkey support than AutoIt3.  For me it's just easier in most cases to use AutoIt3 to do the guts of the app.  Also AHK is superior when it comes to passing the keys on.

Eventually I should have some scheme to change the hotkey without having to close the app and edit the .ini file.  But one step at a time. :)

nosh:
--- End quote ---

+1 - though it's not very convenient if you don't have your file manager running and want to create a quick folder on the desktop. I've written an AHK script using the same shortcut I use within X2 (F12), that only runs when the focus is on the desktop or the taskbar/start menu. I pass the current date+time as the default folder name.

BTW, Miles, your program ran fine on XP.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version