ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

custom reminder

<< < (3/4) > >>

bob99:
Possibly VueMinder Calendar Lite or Pro ??

I just updated my pro version and it looks like they have added some nice additional features.
Here is the help file section link for Event Reccurence to check out.
They are also open to suggestions in their forum section.

steeladept:
What do you use now to track this info?  If, for example, you use Outlook you might want to see if anyone makes any calendar add-ons that allow you to do day+x or day-x appointments/reminders.  Don't know if that exists, as I don't use Outlook right now, but I know they have something similar in Lotus Notes that we use at work, so I can't imagine it doesn't exist.  Of course it doesn't mean it will be easy to find either...

Thunderbird/Lightning doesn't have anything to do this that I know of, but I do know that is extensible, so maybe that is another option.  You can even ask the Lightning developer(s) to see if they might be able to point you in the right direction.

kalos:
What do you use now to track this info?
-steeladept (September 09, 2011, 07:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

I do it manually!

I tried to find any outlook/thunderbird add-ons with no luck

I mean, eg I want to set reminders at 2nd, 7th, 14th, 21st day after eg. September 14th. How can I get the correct dates in a list? and then somehow import them to the reminder program??

any hint???

IainB:
@kalos: Sorry not to have mentioned this before, but it slipped my mind until just now when I read your latest comment.

If you use MS Project and MS Outlook, then I think you could be able to set tasks into MS Project's timeline, and send those tasks to the email address of an assigned resource (person) - you, in this case - who is to action those tasks. I think they go into Outlook and should pop up in Outlook as flags/tasks to be completed by the dates specified.

I have not used this facility myself, but I recall reading about the capability several years ago (about 2006) in a manual on advanced usage of MS Project. I was more interested in the capability for resource pooling in MS Project at the time and don't really use Outlook, so it was not of much use to me. MS Project was/is an incredibly complex and powerful planning tool, and it will probably have been improved further since I read about this feature. I reckon that you would be able to automate the thing to a greater extent - i.e., set an MS Project macro to trigger the tasks at prescribed intervals of days after the start of a project. Which I think is what you may be after.

I have not had time to check if this works as above in my version of MS Project 2007.

Hope this helps or is of use anyway.

keithy397:
You could create a Google Calendar for each project.  It's very flexible, has colour coded calendar and events and has 3 kinds of alerts too - email, sms & pop-up and you can add however many alerts you need. 

Another one I use is Rainlendar.  With this I have the current month and events list always displayed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version