ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Does This Drive You NUTS?

<< < (2/2)

Stoic Joker:
Well poop.  :(

40hz:
I've got a Steam account. Hardly ever use it. Nuff said?  ;)

cranioscopical:
I just don't like waiting half an hour to start a program...  :mad:
-Renegade (October 24, 2011, 11:06 AM)
--- End quote ---
Or 4-5 days with a connection speed like mine  :(

mwb1100:
This kind of thing drives me nuts even though I'm not a gamer. I don't reboot very often, and it seems like nearly every time I want to reboot - especially if I'm in some sort of hurry, Windows wants to update a bazillion things.

Or maybe I'm impatient, so it always feels like I'm in a hurry when this happens.

And Flash wants to update so often, that I'm pretty sure I'll think my machine is hosed if I ever reboot and not get the request to update Flash. On the plus side, at least it's pretty quick.

In any case, it drives me nuts.

f0dder:
I've got a Steam account. Hardly ever use it. Nuff said?  ;)-40hz (October 24, 2011, 12:15 PM)
--- End quote ---
If you use(d) it mostly for offline games, set steam in offline mode? Problem solved? :)

RE the original picture "file 6 of 647" - ouch. With an update consisting of that large amount of files, can we expect the company to be retarded enough to use a protocol like FTP or HTTP to grab the files? And to use nonpersistant connections? :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version