ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Interview with Adam Smith - Founder of Xobni

(1/3) > >>

Renegade:
Doc and I were lucky enough to interview Adam Smith of Xobni. I know there are a few people here that like, use, and recommend Xobni, so here's your chance to hear from the man himself~! :)

Some of the things we talk about include speech recognition and business models, amongst others. But, no spoilers here. :)

Ok... 1 mini-sort-of-almost spoiler... Adam talks about motivations for Xobni and what he was thinking of when he came up with the idea. He also talks about that same idea as it relates to speech recognition (and some more as well).

Show notes: http://thedocreport.com/2011/08/30/tdr-2-interview-with-adam-smith-founder-of-xobni-hackepreneur/
Feed: feed://thedocreport.com/feed/podcast/
Direct Download: http://thedocreport.com/downloads/tdr-doc-report-episode-2-adam-smith-founder-xobni-conversation.mp3

So, I hope you enjoy the show! Please do make sure to give us some feedback either here, in the show notes comments, or by email at loopback at the doc report dot com.

Oh... 1 last thing...

For the Dysfunctional Fractoid trivia question, Adam has a very cool one for you this week... and... just so that you know that we really do listen, the prize for whoever answers the question first correctly is a free license for Smart Diary Suite Home Edition! (Mahesh2k asked about GTD, so here's a little jump start for that.) So, thanks for that Dennis! :)

mouser:
Just want to say I finally got a chance to listen to the latest episode -- you are really good at this.  And I loved the recommendation of Screenshot Captor (about 40 minutes in!) -- thank you!

mahesh2k:
Forgot to give you feedback on this - interview was great,let it extend if the discussion is good. Anyway, keep it up.  :up:

Renegade:
Just want to say I finally got a chance to listen to the latest episode -- you are really good at this.  And I loved the recommendation of Screenshot Captor (about 40 minutes in!) -- thank you!
-mouser (September 15, 2011, 09:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you! We're still working to improve the show and I think some of the changes in the next show are a very good improvement. It should be out in the next day or so.

I've been using Screenshot Captor for years, and love it. It's one of the first programs I install on any new box. I'd be remiss if I didn't plug it for people! :)

Forgot to give you feedback on this - interview was great,let it extend if the discussion is good. Anyway, keep it up.  :up:
-mahesh2k (September 15, 2011, 10:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks! :) Glad you liked it!

We need to keep it pretty tight with as much information as possible, and we're trying to keep it to a max of 1 hour. That makes sense for a typical commute to work, e.g. 30 min there and 30 min back, or something like that. It's hard though to cut stuff out...

I'll make sure to let Doc know though. He might be able to get some of the discussion into a supplementary podcast there. (Again, thanks for speaking up! We're trying to drive the show in part from feedback we get from people.)

KynloStephen66515:
The Dysfunctional Fractoid trivia question...is driving...ME MENTAL!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version