ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Mssprxy.dll error message

(1/1)

MamasBoy:
can anyone help me?? I keep getting the following error message :  "C:\Windows\system32\mssprxy.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support"

Shades:
Use a system restore point to go back to a working state (if that function is activated in your XP). A lot more involved (and gratifying when successful) method is the following:

Retrieve the file version from the .dll and check on the internet if that dll is part of a service pack, windows install CD or KB fix. Looking at the name I assume it will be a part of the installation CD. 

Then use 7-zip, WinRAR, WinZip, or any decent file manager to search for the dll in the .cab files on the CD. Extract it and copy it to the system32 folder.

If you are (too) trusting (of) the interweb, you could also google and download it directly.

MamasBoy:
Shades, thank you for your reply. I've got the original Windows 7 disk and I'll try it as you suggested. Thanks again.

robinsiebler:
I bought OneNote standalone on NewEgg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version