ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Explorer with Ribbon

<< < (2/4) > >>

tomos:
The direction* just doesnt make sense to me what with the default screen these days being 16:9

* pun not initially intended, but if it were vertical I'd consider trying it

bob99:
I'll offer an opinion for the "I kind of like like it" side of the road.  The kind of like it part is the screen shown on the 1st post pretty much has everything a typical mouse/trackpad user wants to do is right in front of you. Copy, move, new folder...
But instead of it taking up the real estate at the top of the window I'd rather have that screen pop up at a right click instead.  Just seems to me it would be easier to locate something on this type of screen than most of the shell extenders I looked at.  Seems easier to find something scanning a pop up right & left than up & down a pop up.  Keyboard shortcuts are unquestionably easier. I find myself using them more.  Occasionally though I forget what one or two are and need to revert to point & click.

wraith808:
^ I've come to the point where I dislike context menus, because they are overused for the wrong things, and in doing so, the whole menu is slowed down.

Stoic Joker:
Btw, anyone else mildly amused by the fact that they removed the menu, added the ribbon, added tabs to the ribbon, and now it more or less looks like the menu used to in the above screenshot?
-Jibz (August 30, 2011, 07:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, now that you mentioned it...it does seem a bit silly.

Stoic Joker:
^ I've come to the point where I dislike context menus, because they are overused for the wrong things, and in doing so, the whole menu is slowed down.-wraith808 (August 30, 2011, 09:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

It does kinda defeat the purpose of trying to do something quickly if the menu lags the whole process. That's why I stick with only the defaults. ...Well except for WinRAR. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version