ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

I know I've got a dose of absenteeism... but it's going to get worse

<< < (8/8)

Perry Mowbray:
@Renegade: The whole track was "re-done" with a lot of input from someone who'd just completed the Appelation Trail in the 'States. Shelters are provided along the way (about every day's walk), and they all have water tanks and pit toilets. Water is not guaranteed though: Western Australia gets most of its rain in Winter (therefore a Spring walk is a good idea), but late Spring and Summer can not only see all the rivers dry up, but also the water tanks too.

On our walk (pretty early Spring) most of the rivers and creeks were flowing, but we only used them to wet our bandannas and wash (rinse really).

@iphigenie: Actually, it's taken many years to get Sandi to do another longer walk after the Great North Walk, which was, in hindsight, a very difficult walk (especially in the middle of drought) and I guess emotionally scared her for 4 years ;)  I loved it: it was the first long walk we'd done -- and when, on the last day, I joked with Sandi that maybe next time we could do it North to South, she very nearly threw me off a cliff  ;)

I knew about halfway through this walk that it was very different when Sandi asked what I'd do differently if we ever did it again. Normally, even on a day walk, I can't talk about the next walk until well after we'd finished and were home again  :D

@40hz: Yep -- inside a server room does not sound like fun. Hats? I was very happy with my Possum + Merino beanie (and really needed it some nights and mornings). Sandi's was an expensive (not) Op Shop version that incredibly can be crushed, washed in a machine, etc without wrecking it. Mine I got for this walk because my leather one was too heavy  :-[

And yes... it's taken 10 weeks to start feeling anywhere near normal.  My productivity has been about zero... which in itself has been distressing, as I have a lot of material from this walk to turn into timelapse, blog posts, albums, posters, reviews, gps tracks, etc, etc. and I have not been able to stay up much later than 8pm (very effectively). But, I'm making headway now...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version