ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

which hierarchical note program?

<< < (6/10) > >>

bardamu2000:
Seems this conversation went to sleep a long time ago. Any updates?

Personally I am a great fan of KeyNotes, but I would like to see some additional features
- drag and drop URLs and media
- Post-It functionality for single notes
- alarms
- tagging (in addition to categories).

Somebody having a tip for me?

lanux128:
bardamu2000: i'm sorry to be the one to break the news to you but Keynote has ceased to be developed by its original programmer. :) though the author released a minor update recently, check out this thread.

tranglos:
bardamu2000: i'm sorry to be the one to break the news to you but Keynote has ceased to be developed by its original programmer. :) though the author released a minor update recently, check out this thread.
-lanux128 (January 09, 2008, 12:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Guilty as charged, and I don't even have a good excuse.

Tagging - I wish I had though of that early enough.

Alarms though I never felt were a good idea for KeyNote - there is an explanation why in the FAQ (last item in the 1st section)

URLs - I never actually had to implement this, because it's part of OLE and comes for free with the Windows richedit control. I've just dragged a URL from FireFox to KeyNote, which inserted the URL and the description. I didn't even know it worked :)

Other media content - not recommended due to the way binary data is stored in RTF format. Including even a single high-res picture will bloat the knt file hugely, and there is no way to avoid it except to use a completely different data format, which was not available at that time. (If you wanted text formatting, RTF was the only viable option - and this hasn't changed much really, though there are two commerical Delphi editor components that replace richedit nicely). There's a chapter on that in the FAQ as well :)

lanux128:
thanks for the explanation, tranglos. i forgot to mention that the author also frequents in DC forums.. :) btw as you mentioned, i sometimes insert images but i convert it into a grayscale image to keep the *.knt size down..

doublewitt:
How about TreeDBNotes Pro? - an excellant hierarchical notes manager. The fun here is the *lockable multi-tabbed notes feature with password hints. You can link attachments to every note. You can also view your collection of texts in an external window in full screen mode - make changes - and they will be auto-saved to the original text. There is also a customizable *shortcuts manager and there is an alarm section. You have the option to include contacts and passwords trees but that remains as an option. You can use the multi-tabbed feature for notes (texts) alone... and there's more...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version