ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

which hierarchical note program?

<< < (9/10) > >>

tranglos:
(I recently noticed that the project is still being carried on SourceForge as if it were still active.)
-J-Mac (January 14, 2008, 12:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's been on SF for ages.

The code has always been open and for the taking, but the code is ugly, since I was learning as I went, and it would be quite difficult to expand it without first refactoring the heck out of it. I intended to rewrite the thing from scratch, but never managed to put together anything. Not for lack of trying, I just tried to bit more than I could chew.

I'm afraid the project is the opposite of active :)

J-Mac:
Thanks marek!  Sorry I didn't see your reply earlier.  (Sometimes if I am online a while I see a post directly and so I don't use the email link again - which causes no more email notifications for that topic.   :) )

Jim

imtrobin:
I was previously using Neomem, and looking for a new note taker to switch to. I've evaluated quite a lot mentioned here, but they didn't cut it. I just checked out Maple (I noticed it was mentioned), and it is FANTASTIC.

It has everything Neomem has, in addition, very good features

- Drag and drop images
- Backups to 1 file, meaning external data are stored internally
- Can export to html tree, chm and other formats
- Can export a branch to another file.

http://www.crystaloffice.com/maplepro/screenshot.html

Are we able to get a discount on it? My friend and me are planning to buy a license :)

dantheman:
(I recently noticed that the project is still being carried on SourceForge as if it were still active.)
-J-Mac (January 14, 2008, 12:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's been on SF for ages.

The code has always been open and for the taking, but the code is ugly, since I was learning as I went, and it would be quite difficult to expand it without first refactoring the heck out of it. I intended to rewrite the thing from scratch, but never managed to put together anything. Not for lack of trying, I just tried to bit more than I could chew.

I'm afraid the project is the opposite of active :)

-tranglos (January 14, 2008, 09:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

Marek!
It's good to see you here!  8)
I just downloaded Keynote today as i've adopted it as clipboard monitor.
Just perfect!

It would be nice if someone could pick up on it, now that it's open source. 

Dormouse:
I just checked out Maple (I noticed it was mentioned), and it is FANTASTIC.-imtrobin (May 01, 2008, 01:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

I had a quick look at the website and couldn't see what would make it better than TreeDBNotes. And the features mentioned are in the free version of TreeDBNotes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version